Make a donation

Author Topic: pics of your old cars  (Read 124983 times)

Offline markymark

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
Re: pics of your old cars
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2008, 04:57:48 pm »
Ok, as Nath kept telling me yesterday to get some pics of my old motors up on here, I found some of the most recent ones. I know im gonna get slated for some of these but hey ho here goes!

Anyone noticed that  I went through a phase?

Heres some more of my old motors

there are more but I think you all have enough ammo now! :happy2:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2008, 05:43:23 pm »
4 new shaped bugs wow!  :scared:
I Had a new shaped beetle the second they came out in right hand drive loved them at first  :chicken:

Offline markymark

• Thank You
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2008, 07:27:09 pm »
4 new shaped bugs wow!  :scared:
I Had a new shaped beetle the second they came out in right hand drive loved them at first  :chicken:
We still have the 5th one!! I love em, the best one I had was the V5 Sport for the noise but the Turbo was the most fun once it was remapped! :driver:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2008, 07:31:09 pm »
I have not got any pics of mine but i had a full caracater body kit and some 18in Amir Kahns on it  :driver:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2008, 07:32:17 pm »
Love the TT comps on the grey one  :happy2:

And as for all those cabs, were you once a hairdresser  :love:  :grin: :wink:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2008, 07:42:05 pm »
nothing wrong with any of those fella as i have beetles and a splitty and the mk2  :signLOL: so you have good taste, and the first cab looks  8) i love the new style brm wheels they have  :happy2:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline markymark

• Thank You
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2008, 08:26:19 pm »

Yeah you gotta love the mirror polished TT Comps!
As for the hairdresser, not was I once a hairdresser, I still am, grade zero for Greeny!   :evilgrin:

I love my aircooleds, would love another, but I will wait until I have a double garage till I go down that route again! :wink:

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2008, 09:12:53 am »
Being only 22, I haven't had many cars yet! Some awesome machines posted above, so mine arn't really anything special!

First car:

It was good for a first car, 75hp from a little 1.2 was pretty good, came with a good level of equipment, and I must say that even though it was a vauxhall the build quality was pretty good, and didnt cause me many problems over the 5 years that I had it!

Second car:

Kinda miss it sometimes, but it was just too slow. Should have gone for the Cooper S really! Felt too claustrophobic in the cabin, no room to move. But as a drive it was so impressive! The carbon fibre lovers will have a field day! Although I haven't uploaded some of the detailed pics, the car had carbon fibre dash panels, boot handle, mirror covers, gearstick, handbrake and steering wheel. Alcantara gaiters on the handbrake and gearlever, and also alcantara on the steering wheel. It had the John Cooper Works (JCW) bodykit fitted, with the 18" R95 wheels! Also had the JCW strut brace, which really did transform the handling of the car when pushing on! Also got some JCW shift lights fitted - which although sound like a gimmick proved to be the most useful modification on the car!!

On the downside - stereo literally sounded like cardboard flapping in the air, it was appauling. Build quality was shocking - rattles everywhere. In the space of two months, it had broken down three times on the side of the road!!!!! (exhaust VANOS valve failure, fuel pump failure, water pump failure). Also the synchromesh was sh!te and the gears would always crunch! As I worked for BMW UK (Ltd) at the time, i told them to bugger off and take the car back and give me all my money back! Got my money back and decided to...............................

Third car:

The GTI, which I suppose will do for now ....... :P

Fourth car:

(pics to follow shortly)

Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160. My father very kindly gave me this a few months ago, so it's become my weekend toy! Absolutely great car, 1 of only 50 in the world (1 of only 3 in New Aluminium Silver). It's in immaculate condition, the car has been chosen by Goodwood to be on display twice now, and many Lotus experts regard it as being one of the best examples of a Series 1 Elise on the road today! So I'm very proud to own it!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 09:21:50 am by WhiteGTI »
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline LaserBlue

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2008, 04:44:50 pm »
I`m 23 ive had 8 cars as i just couldnt find what i really wanted.. untill now that is.. heres some pix of them

my old mk5 1.9 tdi- very good all rounder but also very boring and noisy

my batmobile  :wink:- headturner, women loved it, men got jealous

mk4 gti- i once got beat by a ford connect van

i also found this... the very first advert photo of my mk5, soon as i saw it i went to view it the next day and then it was mine  :happy2:

Offline wallybanger

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2008, 11:46:33 pm »
My collection hope yous like i still have the passat and the polo is still in the family lol

Offline billyboy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
  • Billy lar
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2008, 10:30:29 pm »
had this for a few years, but it had to go as the sound of tiny feet was on its way, we tryed to live with it but the buggy didnt fit in the boot proper (reduced floor 4X4) and elec seats took ages to move to get baby in seat, so went to mk5

Offline billyboy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
  • Billy lar
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2008, 10:33:45 pm »

Yeah you gotta love the mirror polished TT Comps!
As for the hairdresser, not was I once a hairdresser, I still am, grade zero for Greeny!   :evilgrin:

I love my aircooleds, would love another, but I will wait until I have a double garage till I go down that route again! :wink:
markymark- those wheels on top silver bug, are they turbo and are they 5x100 or 112s
cheers

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2008, 11:32:08 am »
Only 2 cars out of the vast amount i have had, only because i caught the mod bug late.
Last car Seat Leon FR TDi 170, nice car interior plastics a bit naff but good performance from a diesel, mods were Koni FSD and Eibach springs with a K&N panel filter.I bought this before the 170's could be tuned as there were issues with the DPF now they are getting 200bhp but this wasn't enough for me so headed back to petrol.

MKIV Golf GTI 180 the first car i modded.I seen a magazine article for Star Performance and how they could map cars via the OBD port so 180bhp quickly become 205bhp, then i added Milltek TBE, Eibach ARB's front and rear with K&N panel filter Dension ICE Ipod control and then some OZ alloys.then a software upgrade took the car to about 220bhp so i required a dog bone insert.....chattery teeth time

« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 11:34:51 am by keith »

matt a

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2008, 03:55:03 pm »
In organising a reply for this thread, I realised I had lost a few pictures of the passed rides. :(

First to last:

Current:
MK1 GTI

MK5 GTI

Past:
GT 140 TDI

Lupo GTI

« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 07:43:37 am by matt a »

Offline markymark

• Thank You
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2008, 04:45:11 pm »

markymark- those wheels on top silver bug, are they turbo and are they 5x100 or 112s
cheers

billyboy, the wheels on the silver Bug are called Delta X's or Calders, they are OE rims for the V5 Sport Beetle, I managed to get a few sets cheap but I dont think they are available anymore. They are 5x100 fitment made by BBS and I loved them!