Make a donation

Author Topic: Edition 30 stages of tune  (Read 4622 times)

Offline MK1Campaign

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Edition 30 stages of tune
« on: April 03, 2009, 11:10:58 am »
Hello to you all as this is my first post.

Ive just sold my Corrado VR6 (previously had MK1 GTI Campaign, MK2 GTI 16v, Leon Cupra R and Golf Rallye) and will be on the lookout for a MK5 GTI soon.

Im swaying more towards an ED30 due to the tuning potential so wondered what the different stages and rough power figures are. Id be interested to hear what hardware people are using too eg exhaust etc

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: Edition 30 stages of tune
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 11:40:44 am »
Welcome to the forum Ben.   :happy2:

You would be correct to pick the edition 30 for the tuning potential.

Its hard to nail down actual figures for the various stages.

But a basic map should give you  between 270 and 280

add a turbo back zorst to this and you can add another 10 to 20

a Stage 2 map with zorst will see you well over 300. one of our members on here Greenouse has achieved 325 i think on some very conservative roller's  :scared:
after this basic stuff you need to read Jonny C's build thread to capture what is left in a KO 4 he is up around 340 to 360.  :evilgrin:

Offline MK1Campaign

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 12:11:27 pm »

a Stage 2 map with zorst will see you well over 300. one of our members on here Greenouse has achieved 325 i think on some very conservative roller's  :scared:
after this basic stuff you need to read Jonny C's build thread to capture what is left in a KO 4 he is up around 340 to 360.  :evilgrin:

Cheers for the welcome and info Topcat.
I think ill be wanting your front Recaros when i get one  :wink:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 12:57:11 pm »

there mine  :signLOL:

Offline MK1Campaign

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 02:23:06 pm »

there mine  :signLOL:

They are very nice. Are they factroy fit or the aftermarket Recaro CS?

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 03:09:29 pm »
From the factory.  :smiley:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 03:36:24 pm »
Welcome Ben (another one  :smiley:),
As TC has said, different tuners give different results, but with decent software on a ED30 you should see around 300bhp mark from Stage 1, add a TBE (Milltek etc) and then add stage 2 for around 320-330bhp and then there is the stage 2+ that will see 350-60bhp with the addition off uprated fuel pump, Intake and FMIC..

Offline MK1Campaign

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 06:15:08 pm »
As TC has said, different tuners give different results, but with decent software on a ED30 you should see around 300bhp mark from Stage 1, add a TBE (Milltek etc) and then add stage 2 for around 320-330bhp and then there is the stage 2+ that will see 350-60bhp with the addition off uprated fuel pump, Intake and FMIC..

Jesus stage 2 must be silly quick!
What sort of fuel pumps, intakes and FMIC's are people using to get to these figures?
Is the engine safe with that sort of power?

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 06:43:23 pm »

What sort of fuel pumps, intakes and FMIC's are people using to get to these figures?

Fuel Pumps :- http://www.goapr.com/Audi/products/fsi_fuel_pump.html  http://www.autotech.com/prod_engine_fuelinj.htm

FMIC's - S3's / or the forge twin cooler

Intakes are two a penny take your pick - I'd contact JKM regarding all of the above - highly recommended.  Engine totally safe expect to change the clutch ....  :sad: :evilgrin: (tell me about it !) and a forge DV !

Regards,

Gareth

Mk5 Golf GTi Edition 30 No:- 2101, 3Dr, Tornado Red, Rear Tints, RCD510 & Sound Pack, Arm Rest
Mk1 Golf GTi 16v Helios Blue, Too Many Mods To List .... MY First Car ! Owned Since 1996 !!! NEARLY READY !!!!!

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 06:43:50 pm »

Fuel Pumps :- http://www.goapr.com/Audi/products/fsi_fuel_pump.html  http://www.autotech.com/prod_engine_fuelinj.htm

Intakes are two a penny take your pick - I'd contact JKM regarding all of the above - highly recommended.  Engine totally safe expect to change the clutch ....  :sad: :evilgrin: (tell me about it !) and a forge DV !

Regards,

Gareth

By the way nice to see a fellow mk1 owner here too !!

Mk5 Golf GTi Edition 30 No:- 2101, 3Dr, Tornado Red, Rear Tints, RCD510 & Sound Pack, Arm Rest
Mk1 Golf GTi 16v Helios Blue, Too Many Mods To List .... MY First Car ! Owned Since 1996 !!! NEARLY READY !!!!!

Offline MK1Campaign

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 07:17:58 pm »

Regards,

Gareth

By the way nice to see a fellow mk1 owner here too !!

Thanks for the links.
I dont own the MK1 anymore. Sold it to my boss 4 years ago and he has since completely rebuilt it. There was a thread on ED38 but i cant find it now.