Make a donation

Author Topic: R32 for ME!!!  (Read 15833 times)

Offline joesgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
R32 for ME!!!
« on: November 10, 2008, 09:28:25 am »
Well im obsessed!! cant stop thinking about getting an R32 and whacking a miltek cat back on it, lowered susspension and some 19" black CK's  :drool: with the car being the popular blue colour!

went to view a few over in leeds at weekend and want one even more now  :party: im thinking about keeping it till summer time then getting something abit different.

ive been looking at 06 cars with between 5k-20k miles recaros, GPS, xeons etc for about 14,500, what price does everyone think il get for my car?? private and trade prices, im thinking trade would be about 10,000 but am thinking it may sell for quite abit more private.

im not doing anything for a few weeks as im away next week in singapore for 10days but when i get back, i think il be looking for an R!!

oh and where are they 16,800 brand new as i cant find any.

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
Re: R32 for ME!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 09:53:26 am »

Yeah I can't find this either - other than what was said on that thread a few weeks ago. All I've seen being sold by VW dealers is 06 plates with decent specs, around 20-25K miles for 15,995ish...!

Do it Joe, do it!!!  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 10:09:52 am »

Yeah I can't find this either - other than what was said on that thread a few weeks ago. All I've seen being sold by VW dealers is 06 plates with decent specs, around 20-25K miles for 15,995ish...!

yea, i saw a new one yesterday in otley and it was 22k with 150 miles on it  :surprised:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 10:19:47 am »
based on a 30k 05 GTi value is £9800 in good condition as a part ex, although with your visual mods expect dealers to offer you less as it may not be to everyones liking(dealer book of bollox), could be as low as £8800.

Yours has a Forecourt value of £11700 joe, so private 10k is a good estimate currently.

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 10:21:06 am »

yea, i saw a new one yesterday in otley and it was 22k with 150 miles on it  :surprised:

i reckon they sold all the demos off (which were the cheap ones), a contact tells me VW have 700 odd new R32's to get rid of, he can get brand new ones with all the toys (sat nav and leather to name a few) for 22k before haggling , if anyone needs his details let me know

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 10:24:53 am »
10k is alot to stump up for a car thats discontinuing! at that price, even 6-7k for an older one, id hold to your money and motor joe for a while.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 10:26:36 am »
Joe if i was you i would go for it, then i can have your bumper.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  :chicken:

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 10:42:35 am »
phil, im not wanting to get a new one,  :signLOL:

read my post again, ive been looking at the for around 14.5-15k and i think i may be able to sell mine for around 12k?? what does everyone think?

oh and topcat, if i do it (which i think i will) the bumpers yours  :happy2:

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 10:50:01 am »
Your car according to parkers is worth less then you want for it.

i reckon they sold all the demos off (which were the cheap ones), a contact tells me VW have 700 odd new R32's to get rid of, he can get brand new ones with all the toys (sat nav and leather to name a few) for 22k before haggling , if anyone needs his details let me know

erhhh, joe, since when did i suggest new price of 21k+ blue 182 wasnt it???. thats HIS REPLY  i was referring too. :confused:

Parkers Guide quote your car at that figure, its not worth it unfortunatly.If you dont believe me.............
http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/used-prices/Valuation.aspx?deriv=28653&plate=78

You will still have to stump up at least 6k long and short of it joe
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 10:52:38 am by Phil Mcavity »

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 10:53:00 am »
il put it on ebay and see what i get for it, if im not happy with the price, il advertise it for longer on piston heads  :happy2:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 10:53:31 am »
Your car according to parkers is worth less then you want for it.

erhhh, joe, since when did i suggest new price of 21k+ blue 182 wasnt it???. thats HIS REPLY  i was referring too. :confused:

Parkers Guide quote your car at that figure, its not worth it unfortunatly.If you dont believe me.............
http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/used-prices/Valuation.aspx?deriv=28653&plate=78

You will still have to stump up at least 6k long and short of it joe

and i was just reffering to the quote below
 :signLOL:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 11:18:37 am »
Its like the housing market at the minute if your trading up Joe like you are then you will get more car for your money but you have got to be prepared to take a big hit on yours, and as painful as it is you will not sell it at all unless you take a lot less than you feel its worth.  :sad:
Lets say you have to take 2 grand less for yours, well the R32 has lost probably 6 grand and thats why your looking at buying one.
the depreciation is already factored in on the R32 on yours its not yet.  :sick:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2008, 02:57:23 pm »

I got the R32 worm in my brain when they first came out. My VW dealer lent me one and I tested it back-to-back with my GTI (less modified back then). I loved the .:R and still do, but quite apart from the not insignificant financial loss in changing cars (private or dealer), the GTI still has the edge in being fun to drive more within the legal limits.

Phillys and TopCat are right. If you shop on price alone, be very careful of that tempting very low price example.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

cookiemonster

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2008, 03:23:39 pm »
luv the idea of having an R but its not as economical as me gti and as i use for work dont think it would be too practical, go for it joe if its what you want you'll be the envy of everyone on here!  :smiley:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2008, 03:27:04 pm »
luv the idea of having an R but its not as economical as me gti and as i use for work dont think it would be too practical, go for it joe if its what you want you'll be the envy of everyone on here!  :smiley:

I am sure you could find a way to cover the extra cost cookie
:laugh: