All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Ziza sidelight bulbs for Mk5
Stepho:
Hello there, I am new to this site and must appologise, as my first entry is a 'help with' question :ashamed:
I recently purchased some Ziza sidelight bulbs from Awesome, however I have since found they don't work on UK spec vehicles. I first noticed them on ECS tuning in the states and also noted they had resistors attached.
Does anyone have these fitted, if so what would I have to do to get these to work?
I would rather get them to work rather than returning them as the yellow glow from the sidlights against the Xenon headlights looks awful. IMHO
Thanks in advance :happy2:
Top Cat:
Welcome to the forum Stepho :happy2:
Why not just return them and buy some that are Euro spec, did it not say in Awsome's advert that they are US spec. :chicken:
Stepho:
Hi Top Cat,
They may have changed there advert now but at the time I bought these there was no indication to what spec they were. I E-mailed Awesome before purchasing to make sure they fitted my car, as I had already looked into purchasing the ECS tuning ones. (shipping costs were to high). They E-mailed me back confirming they would only fit Xenon headlights, which was not an issue.
By the time I sent them back I would be lucky to recover half the cost I paid for them. I would much rather figure out a way of using them.
MickMc:
Did you try the led in both ways ? remember it will only work the one way (+ and + / - and -)
Stepho:
Yep, I also tried this. :happy2:
I also noticed when you remove the origional bulbs, and putthem back in they don't work, until you click the switch back to off and then back on.
After contacting Awesome today they have asked for them to be returned as they are US spec. What is the differance from US spec to EURO spec?
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
Go to full version