Make a donation

Author Topic: Matto's Shadow Blue GT Sport 210 *Updated 12.2.16 - Mods Complete*  (Read 109250 times)

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
Re: Matto's GT Sport 170 *couple of small updates*
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 07:29:30 pm »
Looking good :happy2:

just the sort of things I would add :grin:
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2012, 07:33:47 pm »
Nice car there Matto same car as mine except I don't have the roof and mines being a LA7T (Grey)

I'm feeling obliged to show off my car as I've been on here awhile! :signLOL:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 07:35:57 pm by gtlee »
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Mods to come: RVC, and.................

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2012, 07:44:19 pm »
Looks great, who fitted your wheel? When i changed mine over, i think we have done the bolt up to tightly as everything is lined up but it catch's on the plastic behind the wheel and its doing my head in!!

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline Matto

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2012, 10:13:53 am »
Looking good :happy2:

just the sort of things I would add :grin:

Haha...you could have done if you hadn't sold them to me  :happy2:

Nice car there Matto same car as mine except I don't have the roof and mines being a LA7T (Grey)

I'm feeling obliged to show off my car as I've been on here awhile! :signLOL:

I think you should. Don't think I've seen yours. Get a members ride thread going if you haven't already.

Looks great, who fitted your wheel? When i changed mine over, i think we have done the bolt up to tightly as everything is lined up but it catch's on the plastic behind the wheel and its doing my head in!!

Cheers mate. I fitted the wheel myself. Been on and off a couple of times now. Didn't have and problems with mine. Shouldnt matter how tight the bolt is. The wheel will only go on so far ie upto the shoulder on the shaft. Only thing I didn't do was torque it properly. The threads are very fine and it felt like it was going to strip them so just tightened it to how it felt when removing.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 01:01:17 pm by Matto »

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2012, 12:56:20 pm »
Cheers, i think I will take it off again and have another look. I wonder if the plastic cowling behind the steering wheel isnt in the correct position

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline Matto

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2012, 01:03:21 pm »
For what it takes to get the cowels off I would.

Offline OldSpeckledBen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 09:56:05 pm »
Love the car matey  :happy2:
I wanted the 18" charleston alloys on mine but were hard to find  :sad:
Shadow blue changes so much in different lighting  :smiley:
Xenon's are brill, could never go back to normal lights now.

Keep up the progress

Cheers,
Ben

Offline Matto

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2012, 06:30:22 am »
Cheers mate. Yeah they do seem a rare breed. TBH all I was looking for was dual zone climate as the idea of twisty knobs was a step backwards. I like to press buttons and it do it for me  :signLOL: This one came up on Autotader and I was like, that's the one.

Yeah the colour looks fantastic in the sun when its clean. Mine currently in desperate need of a wash. Xenon's are on the to do list along with a few others. But in the next month or so it will be to have my highline clocks fitted plus remap and de-dpf'd.  :driver:

Offline OldSpeckledBen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2012, 03:01:35 pm »
Cheers mate. Yeah they do seem a rare breed. TBH all I was looking for was dual zone climate as the idea of twisty knobs was a step backwards. I like to press buttons and it do it for me  :signLOL: This one came up on Autotader and I was like, that's the one.

Yeah the colour looks fantastic in the sun when its clean. Mine currently in desperate need of a wash. Xenon's are on the to do list along with a few others. But in the next month or so it will be to have my highline clocks fitted plus remap and de-dpf'd.  :driver:
I do like the dual zone I must admit, it does look cool at night as well, if you've got the fan's on full  :grin:
The colour pretty much sold it for me, I think its one of if not the best blues out there  :smiley:

Xenon's are well worth it and the difference is massive compared to the normal ones.
I would have thought 170bhp would be quick enough  :wink: as mine is only the 140 and I find that pretty nippy but I suppose if you get used to the power you just want more.

Cheers,
Ben

Offline Matto

• Thank You
Re: Matto's GT Sport 170 *Update 01/03/12*
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2012, 06:22:26 pm »
Just a little update. Got round to fitting my Darkside EGR delete today in preparation for Shark stage 2 on Monday. Abit awkward to do but managed ok. It seems it been a little over-active for my liking. My car only has 20k on it and it was caked in crap. TBH I think the inlet wants cleaning but that's a job for another time.

Delete pipe

EGR

ASV
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 05:20:30 pm by Matto »

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2012, 08:53:26 pm »
Hey, good to see the EGR Valve definitely needs removing!!  :surprised: Did you simply replace it with the Delete pipe or did you go the whole hog and remove the cooler and associated pipework?

Does it make any difference to the way the car drives/revs? Any more soot out the exhaust?

Offline Matto

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2012, 10:33:55 pm »
Tell me about it. A lot worse than I was expecting given the mileage. My old Mk4 PD150 with 100k on it wasn't much worse than this.

For now I just fitted the delete pipe. From what I believe its easier to remove the other bits and pieces from underneath but I don't have access to a ramp so will have to stay as it is for now.

Not really had chance to drive it properly yet but will do tomorrow morning to work. EML is on which I was expecting but will be mapped out on Monday. Only difference I can tell so for is abit more turbo noise, which for me is nice as it was virtually silent before.

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2012, 10:54:57 pm »
Nice progress Matto,eager to hear the results of the stage 2 remap and power delivery. :congrats:
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Mods to come: RVC, and.................

Offline OldSpeckledBen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2012, 03:38:07 pm »
I'm looking forward to seeing the results after the remap  :happy2:

Keep up the progress  :smiley:

Cheers

Offline vRS_Pagey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 59
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2012, 03:46:51 pm »
Lovely looking motor mate, I was a hare's breath from getting that blue, but the deal feel through.  Lucky to get ED30 front and rear bumpers you just need to add the skirts to finish the look.  The wheels are excellent, I the think the Charleston is one of the best looking OE wheels available.  :happy2:

I fitted an EGR delet pipe to swmbo's and to be honest there isn't much difference, mine was more caked than your's as well.

His: MK2 Black Magic Skoda Octavia vRS Estate
Hers: MK5 Graphite Blue Pearl VW Golf GT140 -

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32783.0.html