Make a donation

Author Topic: What would you do? (Recaro question)....  (Read 17090 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: What would you do? (Recaro question)....
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2009, 09:23:47 pm »

sorry to be blunt robin but you know i m right !! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

....No problem, Ian - You're a Northern Fat Baastud and call a spade a spade! I was born in Leeds and so that makes me one too. :grin:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2009, 09:30:41 pm »
yes but i am right am i not ?  do it the right way , you ve done everything else using the best parts/services around dont skimp now will look the dogs nuts when its done :driver: :happy2:

matt a

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2009, 09:30:57 pm »
I appreciate you're a fan of the Interlargos cloth, but I love the fabric on the R's so I would have stored the original interior and bought the cloth rear bench off Jonny, and pocketed the £400+

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2009, 09:32:47 pm »

The longer I have this car, the less I want to sell her.

Why do you have to sell her?  :sad:

....No.

I should have made it more clear - I was meaning that I love this car more and more in spite of age and mileage.

I don't think the .:R logo looks too bad TBH.

....Thanks for doing that. .:R logo looks and is totally fine as discussed earlier. Perhaps not to an absolute purist but that's not me.

:happy2:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2009, 09:49:01 pm »
I appreciate you're a fan of the Interlargos cloth, but I love the fabric on the R's so I would have stored the original interior and bought the cloth rear bench off Jonny, and pocketed the £400+

....I still can buy the cloth rear seats from Jonny [much appreciated, mate :happy2:].

My oem fronts are already sold and in the modded Mk5 Caddy van and he's well pleased I was told today. Ooh, I need to share the story about the T5 he's kitting out for a hot lesbian couple (separate thread later). I'll get pics in due course. I don't have enough storage space at home anyway.

The R32 fabric is really nice, I agree. My daughter Sky and her mates prefer the Interlagos - Girlies prefer patterns. I taxi'd them today and asked. The look on Anna's face when I said "I want to ask you something - You can't see it now because you're sat on it, but......" was priceless, we were all in hysterics.

We seem to be going around in circles a bit now - I'll be able to make my final decision next week after I've spoken to the upholsterer and also know if I can get the right Interlagos fabric or not.

:drinking:

Offline Snoopy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2009, 10:14:34 pm »
My view is you have spent so much money getting the car to were you want it why compromise now?

I am really looking forward to your review of them compared to the standard seats. :happy2:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 10:26:02 pm by Snoopy »
Ex mk5 GTI owner, moved to a mk6 in 2010.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2009, 10:50:35 pm »

My view is you have spent so much money getting the car to were you want it why compromise now?

....Because I've spent so much money that I've got none left? - No, that's not the case I'm extremely fortunate to say.

Are you thinking that anything other than option 1 (brand new GTI Interlagos covers from VW) is a compromise? - I'm not seeing my other options as a compromise but just as alternative treatments.

I am really looking forward to your review of them compared to the standard seats. :happy2:

....Thanks, buddy :happy2: - I'll do my best and it's currently half-written and rather more to share than I anticipated.

Offline MongyUk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2009, 11:06:36 pm »

Save the money, I would never be bothered, they look amazing as they are. The money would not be buying you anything, buy curry and beer with it instead. :drinking:

....Thanks for the quick response :happy2:

Are you saying save my money and don't even get Interlagos cloth, or just go for option 2?

Btw I don't drink beer (or any alcohol anymore) but I know what you mean. The money would go on my VWR engine mount or V-Power.

I would say option £0 keep them how they are, nice seats.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2009, 11:14:21 pm »

I would say option £0 keep them how they are, nice seats.

....Sorry but having a mixed seating upholstery interior is not an option I would be at all happy with long term. It's only ok now while I sort out what to do. 

:smiley:

Offline Snoopy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2009, 11:20:38 pm »
Are you thinking that anything other than option 1 (brand new GTI Interlagos covers from VW) is a compromise? - I'm not seeing my other options as a compromise but just as alternative treatments.
The way i was thinking was if you had to ask this question by starting a thread then there is maybe a small nagging doubt in your head somewere that maybe saying just that.
Ex mk5 GTI owner, moved to a mk6 in 2010.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2009, 11:35:26 pm »

The way i was thinking was if you had to ask this question by starting a thread then there is maybe a small nagging doubt in your head somewere that maybe saying just that.

....Hmm, I think that you may be right about me having a small nagging doubt at first, but what this thread has done is inform me of other opinions about the .:R logo on a GTI and also inspire some alternative options.

:happy2:

EDIT: I just wanted to add that since first posting this thread, the .:R is definitely not a niggle and in fact I am going to check the possibility of embroidering it in red.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 08:14:48 am by RedRobin »