Make a donation

Author Topic: Springs  (Read 8955 times)

Offline MickMc

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
Re: Springs
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2008, 06:39:46 pm »
Been havng a look about and found these

Konis which lower by 35mm

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=437549

and these apex ones which lower by 35mm

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=3666015

just wondering which of the 2 would be best , cant afford coilovers and any dearer springs at the moment so this is not an option

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2008, 08:23:14 pm »
What about Weitec springs, sub company of KW I understand and a cheaper alternative ...?

Offline MickMc

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2008, 08:30:58 pm »
Cant find them anywhere for under £100

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2008, 08:32:57 pm »
i am thinking of putting eibach ones on mine as they sound good and awesome said they are great springs

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline MickMc

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2008, 08:38:36 pm »
Yeah i heard the eibachs are good but like i say i am looking for some springs <£100 just to tide me over , tbh i dont think coilovers would be of much use to me , as i wouldn't lower my car over 50mm and even a 25mm drop looks good so i'm only wanting a drop between 30-45mm

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2008, 08:41:24 pm »
^^^^

Hmm....I'll have some Eibach Pro-Kit springs to sell soon. They've done 55k miles but that's not a problem for Eibachs.

My only reason for selling is because my KoniFSD dampers have failed and I'm taking the opportunity to upgrade to VW Racing's KWs. My KWs are on order.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2008, 08:54:50 pm »
^^^^

Hmm....I'll have some Eibach Pro-Kit springs to sell soon. They've done 55k miles but that's not a problem for Eibachs.

My only reason for selling is because my KoniFSD dampers have failed and I'm taking the opportunity to upgrade to VW Racing's KWs. My KWs are on order.

Robin, can I have first dibs on your FSD's if you manage to get them replaced? :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2008, 09:19:22 pm »
^^^^

Robin, can I have first dibs on your FSD's if you manage to get them replaced? :happy2:

....Certainly! IF Koni acknowledge they are faulty after they bench test them in Holland they will send me their latest FSD version as replacement. I don't know how long they will take.

I will obviously sell them cheaper than you'll get them anywhere else.

VWR have ordered my new KWs from Germany today but they are VWR KWs and not off the shelf. But they do keep in touch with me and I'll let you know what the timeframe is when I know.

:happy2:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2008, 09:21:33 pm »
^^^^

....Certainly! IF Koni acknowledge they are faulty after they bench test them in Holland they will send me their latest FSD version as replacement. I don't know how long they will take.

I will obviously sell them cheaper than you'll get them anywhere else.

VWR have ordered my new KWs from Germany today but they are VWR KWs and not off the shelf. But they do keep in touch with me and I'll let you know what the timeframe is when I know.

:happy2:

Im not in a rush so thats' fine, cheers  :happy2:

Offline billyboy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
  • Billy lar
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2008, 09:56:07 pm »
Cant find them anywhere for under £100

i got eibach sportlines from euro-c-parts (trafford park) £127
billy

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2008, 11:56:10 pm »
I thought I only paid around £100 for my H&R's but maybe not then.

Robin, I know you have problems with your FSD's which is not that common - out of interest what was it?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2008, 02:02:08 am »
Robin, I know you have problems with your FSD's which is not that common - out of interest what was it?

....Slightly bouncy - We won't know exactly what the problem is until Koni bench test them. They are the early 2005 FSD version.

Offline The wheel man

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2008, 07:36:32 pm »
Just out of interest Robin, do you know which factory in Holland the FSD's have gone to?
APR cat back, ECS Insert

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2008, 08:14:40 pm »
^^^^

They're still on my car until the VWR KW's come from Germany and then they'll go back to Koni in Holland via Awesome who originally supplied them. So I don't know exactly where in Holland yet but only that Koni have a test lab there.