Make a donation

Author Topic: For Your Viewing Pleasure!  (Read 11922 times)

Offline T88OMM

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure!
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2009, 09:59:48 am »
Looks good, as Joe says put the plate in the window  :happy2:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline Strat

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2009, 11:01:41 am »
Nice shots of the Pirelli there, agree with the square reg, would look better normally positioned with a rectangular plate, maybe shortened or smaller version like Greenouses to still show off the carbon fibre front behind.
Your mate needs lots of practice, im a complete amature at taking pics, but thats the sort of standard i'd get on my own!.Nice write up at the start  :wink:

"thats the sort of standard i'd get on my own" ................ naaaaaaaah! I assume you're talking about being able to take different angles of your car? Luckily I took the opp to glance at your recent pics, a la here:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=266.15             page 2 for the unknowing!

The focus on the pebbles is brilliant from a geographical perspective, and the lack of compensation for the light is impressive!

This photo unfortunately has no perspective in which to view the car given the dodgy angle, and also has the problem of having the entire photo in focus thereby highlighting no particular part of the entire picture.

Again the pebbles are nice, if I was on a beach. Luckily though the sun completely drowns the car. I know what your trying to do, some sort of Michael Bay lens flare, however on this occassion its an epic fail.

Nice use of shrubbery and the focus on it, the choice of scenery is also appealing...

To conclude, it is apparent that you do not get that standard on your todd. Theres no way you can take a photo with your digital camera and think it looks as good as one taken with an SLR, 2 independant flashes and a sh!t load more knowledge!

I guess in the end I shouldn't have really bothered to take the time and effort for all this, thinking people might actually like them, and instead all I get is a load of comments about how gash everything looks, how they weren't taken by David Bailey and how apparently (although obv not the case) everyone else can do better. Yeh, blah blah people have their own opinion, christ i read that enough, and this is a forum where people should type what they think. Iv had plenty of negative thoughts of my own with regards to past threads, ideas etc, but unless someone specifically asks for it I don't tend tell them coz they aren't asking to be lambasted. Well now i'll be piping up with what I think, woooooooooooooooooops!

Paul
Candy

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2009, 11:06:11 am »
^^^^^^^

That is f*cking hilarious! :signLOL: :signLOL:

I do agree with what you have said. OK, so a few of the photos are not so good, but the others are fine. Maybe i induced some false expectation earlier by saying that Paul was getting professional photos done, but the photos were taken by someone who is studying photography professionally, and who has a DSLR + various lenses/flashes/enhancements to suit........seems good enough to me!

2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2009, 11:27:48 am »
LMFAO!!  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :signIWS:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline icenutter

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2009, 11:34:02 am »
 :laugh:
Get all your sports nutrition products here; http://www.myprotein.co.uk and use the code MP73153 to get 5% off your first order.

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2009, 11:39:57 am »
Fooking hilarious, great rant Paul  :signLOL: :signLOL:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2009, 11:44:33 am »
 :grin: :grin:  I cant ever remember you holding back with your thoughts MR P.  :laugh:
At the end of the day there just opinion's, if we put things up then we have got to expect to be shot at.  :smiley:
I put a white stripe in the seat insert from gulf and stealth sheep came round and torched my house, i offended him that much.  :chicken:  :grin:

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2009, 11:53:22 am »

I put a white stripe in the seat insert from gulf and stealth sheep came round and torched my house, i offended him that much.  :chicken:  :grin:

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2009, 01:03:29 pm »
Come on Paul, it's not all bad mate  :wink:

Don't get doin another of your dissapearing acts again anytime soon. Try not to take it to heart, you must remember everyones a:

1. Photographer
2. Mechanic
3. Painter
4. The best driver in the world
5. Has the quickest/Best car

etc etc etc etc etc!  :signLOL:

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2009, 01:17:40 pm »
paul, did you ever get your mask to fit any better?  :smiley:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline Strat

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2009, 01:53:04 pm »
yeh i spose, just frustrating i guess.

haha Nathan have no fear, i wont be disappearing, got time to do stuff now! at laast!

no Joe, I haven't touched it yet, i'm kinda scared to incase its a mare underneath with all the sticky pads n ends up being worse than it is now. sure ill do it one day but you can't notice unless you look at it close up!  :smiley:
Candy

Offline NEWEY

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
    • Flickr
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2009, 02:22:14 pm »
seem to have got the lighting spot on in most of them ;) still not 100% about that plate though

TSR powered 1.9 16v mk2 Golf GTI
TSR big turbo mk5 golf gti

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2009, 02:46:57 pm »
 :confused: :sleepy:

I dont perfess to being a david Bailey paul :sleepy:
Im sorry if you dont like critisism, but your going abit too far by digesting a few quick pics ive taken recently.
Sorry if its touched your bra string which it must of done Paul, but didnt intend to getting such a harsh responce.Perhaps change the way you headed your Post to say some clean pics of your car.

Your mate isnt a professional and youve said hes learning FFS! i have a good SLR cam but dont have a scooby on light bollox crap your waffling about.

From a total novices perspective which i do know, (some) of those pics look Ordinary!!. Same as my pics youve choosen to re-submit. :laugh:

Perhaps if you cant take anyone saying there thoughts then a public forums not a place to put them for comments.

Im still gobsmacked by your reply.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 02:56:39 pm by Phil Mcavity »

Offline Strat

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2009, 02:58:44 pm »
Its ok Phil, maybe I went too far in using your photos, my bad. But I did have a point!

I just wasn't expecting some of the replies, but now I know how its done so I won't be bothered by negative comments any longer, and won't be put off typing my own!
Candy

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2009, 03:07:48 pm »
Thats fine mate, was shocked at the way you came back with your return fire thats all. perhaps i should of worded my responce better, but was only speaking what i was thinking.

:drinking: