Make a donation

Author Topic: OE xenon height reset/checking  (Read 5273 times)

Offline Yawn

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: OE xenon height reset/checking
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2011, 10:34:34 am »
Does lowering the car cause any issues with the self levelling of the lights?

Offline john_o

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2011, 08:46:51 pm »

@Yawn : a sensible drop shouldnt see you have any issues. but the sensor values can easily be checked in vcds to check if within tolerance  :happy2:

quick update! it aint over yet! 
I had my suspicions recently that the lights were pointing down again. I drove to scotland at the weekend and it wasnt pleasant on the backroads  :driver:.

So car was back in to VW today. true enough fault code for LH headlamp motor  :surprised:
It can be temporarily cleared, at which point the autolevel does start working again, but soon fails ....
Motor IS available as a seperate part apparently £58+vat, so heres hoping it can be solved

For reference, the lights should ALWAYS autolevel (drop down then back up) when ignition and light switch are cycled.
(note: they dont appear to autolevel if you just cycle the light switch)

So if yours dont (like many people have mentioned on this forum), its highly likely they arent working at all  :driver:
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline john_o

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2011, 08:41:15 pm »
job done  :jumpmove:
lh motor replaced (without having to replace the headlight, but needs bumper off) for £65, no labour charge as ive been in a couple of times to get it sorted.
Dealership (who generally dont have a great rep round my local area) have gone against the trend and given excellent service.

check those lights people, they should go down then back up after the ignitions been off.

now back to supreme as i remember xenons always were, lighting up roadsigns in the distance  :santa:
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD