All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

What's the opinion on this??

<< < (10/13) > >>

Wolfie:
Winyra - Im looking at a similar setup so your feedback would be great thanks. What size sub did you go for in the end?



winrya:

--- Quote from: Wolfie on April 27, 2009, 01:44:51 pm ---Winyra - Im looking at a similar setup so your feedback would be great thanks. What size sub did you go for in the end?





--- End quote ---

Just went for a 12" in the end. The guy i bought the amp off was running 2 8" subs and said it sounded awesome.  I will report back when its fitted, I hope i wont be disappointed

CocoPops:
All,

I've heard back...

Bluespot are NOT aware of any problems with bluetooth kits, and they say "We sell a lot of these systems and have had no reports of them interfering with Bluetooth adaptors.".

As far as the group buy is concerned....

They are saying that if I order 10 of each part myself and distrbute, the following stands.
10% off the amplifier and 12.5% off the cable kit price.

Cable normal price =  £67.99, discounted price = £59.49
THA555 normal price = £239.99, discounted price = £215.99
So, all in, we'd be looking at £275.48 down from £307.98 (plus some kind of distribution/post/collection).

So, is anyone interested?

winrya:
And to add to the above, i have just installed the 12" blaupunkt subwoofer and enclosure i purchased from them.  £49 delivered with an RRP of £119.99.  I can confirm the amp easily powers it and in fact i have the sub level at less than a quarter.  With this system you can set it up however you want.  There is no shortage of power, you can certainly make the whole car shake if you wish. 

I'm well chuffed, I'd read a couple of opinions that there was no way it could power a sub from the loom and you would need to run an additional power lead.  This is rubbish, what a sound :laugh:

I'm still messing around to get the sound correct, some songs sound perfect and some seem like they are going to blow the boot open.  I'm pretty rubbish though and might get some pro's like bass junkies to sort it for me.

Couple of pics of the sub install (glad i didn't spend the £180 i was going to)



Wolfie:
CocoPops - put me down for the groupbuy at the price you quoted plus postage - how long do you feel we should let it run to see if we can get 10 people?  As if its too long I may have to bite the bullet and pay the full price as im well keen now  :happy2:

Winyra  - your install looks cool - so the sound is a vast improvement then  :smiley:  - will just about any sub work with this device then  (12" max)  - I'm clueless when looking at all the descriptions such as ohms, rms etc etc

Also how easy is the install - as easy as you make it sound ? - I've removed the dash to get to the unit before but never done any ICE stuff - also is the sub just wired straight into the amp in ur pic?

Thanks for your help guys!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version