Make a donation

Author Topic: Your Premiership team of the season (so far)  (Read 8399 times)

Offline berg

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
Re: Your Premiership team of the season (so far)
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, 10:29:38 pm »
yeah i agree re swansea, although have nothing else against them except should not be in this league;  but would like swansea, qpr and blackburn to go down - but i dont think it will be those three
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline gtipirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • Golf GTi Pirelli
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2011, 09:18:47 am »
Easy

Hart

Richards.   Kompany.   Lescott.    Zabaletta

Silva.      Ya ya toure.     Barry.      Johnson

Aguero.           Balotelli

End of thread  :P
Golf GTi Pirelli - Diamond Black, 5 Door - SOLD
now 718 Cayman S PDK

Offline damoegan

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2011, 04:21:16 pm »
Easy

Hart

Richards.   Kompany.   Lescott.    Zabaletta

Silva.      Ya ya toure.     Barry.      Johnson

Aguero.           Balotelli

End of thread  :P

You a Man U fan?  :signLOL:

Offline WolverineMAc

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, 05:17:14 pm »
No he is an ex chelski fan that now supports city
Mk5 Gti Edition 30, Manual, Tornado Red

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2011, 06:01:35 pm »
Not sure on a complete team but to name one or two, despite making often routine saves, Joe Hart has still been superb and is arguably one of the best goalkeepers in the world today.

I think Patrice Evra has been far from consistent, a little bit like Michael Carrick who has had two superb games recently but earlier in the season went missing. His distribution and awareness are both either very poor, or very good. He's not consistent enough for me. I think when Tom Cleverly is back in the side, he'll make Carrick look better (again!).

Nani also still blows hot and cold and can't seem to have more than two good performances in a row.
Agree with Phil Jones being featured- he's been very impressive and could probably play in three or four different positions competently. I'd use him as a centre back or defensive midfielder for United & England given the choice.

When featured, I think Adam Johnson has been very good also but unfortunately he won't show up enough to get a run in the team, a symptom of having the squad depth that City have.

Vorm and Ba have also been big surprises so far, both pulling out performances week in, week out.

Wes Hoolahan at Norwich is also one that's quietly performed in the games I've seen him in. He's supplied much of Grant Holt's firepower this season and I didn't think either of these two would cut it at Premiership level, but they're proving me wrong so far  :happy2: Norwich may well still go down of course and even if they don't, next season will be the harder one of the two for them but they'll be fighting I'm sure, whatever happens.
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline gtipirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Golf GTi Pirelli
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2011, 09:10:08 pm »
Manchester born and bread now living in leics

40 years of heartbreak now living the dream  :jumpmove:
now 718 Cayman S PDK

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2011, 09:18:50 pm »

40 years of heartbreak now living the dream  :jumpmove:

For now, until the Arabs get bored, then your history :grin:

Offline gtipirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Golf GTi Pirelli
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2012, 09:34:30 am »
Do not want to turn this into a man city thread but the owners are spending much more on the local community
And infrastructure around the ground than they are on the playing team. They are also building
A world class centre for youth development. The long term future of this club is secure now. The Arabs are
Planning for income streams for long after the oil runs out. They may be a lot of things but stupid
They are not
now 718 Cayman S PDK

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2012, 01:44:27 pm »
They have spent more than 300 million on the local community :surprised:
Man city will never be an income stream for them and the oil wont run out anytime soon there holdings company didnt even anounce the purchase of man city because it wasnt over 500million, in their eyes its a toy and always will be.
Im sorry but the sooner man city are out the picture the better for football, there ridiculous spending in the transfer market and on wages is a joke and the long term future is far from secure because of this. Your never gonna be profitable paying players 300k per week infact your wages alone are 20million above your entire turnover lol, not even Man utd pay those wages and they are by far the richest club in the country. When youve got half a trillion in the pot man city's profits are never gonna be taken seriously in the holdings companies eyes, your not a business your a toy.
Never trust an arab when they get bored of their toy, man city are finished.... Sorry just pray they dont get bored.

Also im not a man utd fan before you go there :signLOL:

Anyways

GK : W Szczesny
LB : B Assou-Ekotto
CD : Phil Jones
CD : V Kompany
RB : Richards
Rm : Silva
Cm : Song
Cm : Yaya
Lm : Nani
CF : RVP
CF : Aguero
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 04:55:51 pm by RobH »

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2012, 04:10:11 pm »

40 years of heartbreak now living the dream  :jumpmove:

One FA cup Win and thats living the dream?, easily pleased  :evilgrin: and yes im  amanu fan and no im not (and never have been) a City hater!, but as Rob said they are a cheap Toy for the Arab trillions  :grin:, just hope they are not another Blackburn, 1 season wonders
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 04:13:06 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2012, 04:28:14 pm »
I dont follow any premiersh*t team, i follow my local team, born in Exeter, first game was 1983 home to watford, i was 6 yrs old, now the prem is all money money money, we own our football club, we dont have bucket loads to throw around (thats why we are struggling this season) but then i have seen city play, Norwich, swansea, fulham, wigan, hull in the last 10 yrs or so, all of them do/have been in the prem so it can happen without spending like man city

football needs sorting out from top to bottom, i believe that all leagues SHOULD have a cap on wages and transfer fees in line with league one and two, so no matter what the wage bill must be less than income so no team can ever over spend and screw over local companys, now the scum that is Argyle got away with paying back .7p in the pound to the companys they owed millions to, chasing the dream of a season in the prem, should never be allowed to happen

if there are any man u fans on here ive got a great DVD from 2005 when they held on for a draw against the mighty Grecians  :signLOL:
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2012, 04:42:12 pm »
i follow my local team

Man after my own heart  :happy2:

Very much like you Phil, I did and still do follow and travel to support my local side, even though we went into administration then liquidation and were removed from the Blue Square Prem, something I know you guys weren't a million miles away from in the past too.

We've got an AFC side now but it's hard and surreal to accept when seven/eight/nine years ago we were playing Hull City, Sheffield Wednesday, QPR, Barnsley & Wigan in the league.

Watching any football including the Premiership is considered a treat really considering I know what it's like to have the prospect of not watching the side you love play ever again  :happy2:
Pete

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2012, 04:52:14 pm »
i follow my local team

Man after my own heart  :happy2:

Very much like you Phil, I did and still do follow and travel to support my local side, even though we went into administration then liquidation and were removed from the Blue Square Prem, something I know you guys weren't a million miles away from in the past too.

We've got an AFC side now but it's hard and surreal to accept when seven/eight/nine years ago we were playing Hull City, Sheffield Wednesday, QPR, Barnsley & Wigan in the league.

Watching any football including the Premiership is considered a treat really considering I know what it's like to have the prospect of not watching the side you love play ever again  :happy2:

RDFC would that be rusden and diamonds? i went to your ground when we were BSP we lost 3-0, it was one of the best grounds i went to, good luck with AFC hope to see you in the league soon, imho there are to many arm chair fans, sky has a lot to answer for
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2012, 05:02:08 pm »
It would indeed chief, and thanks   :happy2:

It'll be years before we're back in any limelight again, but it's a great ambition to have. I'd like to think we can reach the Conference again one day, before I'm old   :grin:

Your place is one of the few I haven't been to, I have to confess  :ashamed: I think you lot have done fantastically well to establish yourselves more or less in the F/L after similar success during a similar period to us  :smiley: (Probably with less upfront capital than us as well...)

- Edit, you know that K**tering play at Nene Park now don't you?  :sad1:  :fighting:  :sick:
It's a bit like you boys going out of business and Plymouth or Torquay playing at StJP, that's how it felt for us  :fighting:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 05:05:00 pm by rdfcpete »
Pete

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2012, 05:26:58 pm »
It would indeed chief, and thanks   :happy2:

It'll be years before we're back in any limelight again, but it's a great ambition to have. I'd like to think we can reach the Conference again one day, before I'm old   :grin:

Your place is one of the few I haven't been to, I have to confess  :ashamed: I think you lot have done fantastically well to establish yourselves more or less in the F/L after similar success during a similar period to us  :smiley: (Probably with less upfront capital than us as well...)

- Edit, you know that K**tering play at Nene Park now don't you?  :sad1:  :fighting:  :sick:
It's a bit like you boys going out of business and Plymouth or Torquay playing at StJP, that's how it felt for us  :fighting:

your joking? I didnt know they where playing there. How did they pull that off???? we had, for about 15 years been a bottom half div3 club then we had wanker and wanker buy us and get Jacko (rip) and gellar involved, they then use to take the gate money home in bags, we couldnt pay the players or staff, they got arrested and the Trust took over day to day running in 2003 (funny we had to win against southend and hope swansea drew or lost to Hull so we stayed up and swansea went down) swansea won, we won so we went down on goal difference, swansea and hull have both made the prem in the same time it took us to get out the BSP

when R+D first came up (iirc 97 or 98) we always struggled home and away, tidy team even last time we play you, money is the route of all evil in football

Good luck for the future  :happy2: if AFC wimbledon can do it so can you boys