Make a donation

Author Topic: 'Coming Home Lights' have stopped working  (Read 1640 times)

Offline sideshowfred

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
'Coming Home Lights' have stopped working
« on: December 31, 2011, 02:09:12 pm »
Hi all,

Hope some one can help me with this. My dipped beam lights have always come on when unlocking the car, and it's a feature I really like. Today though, I changed my bulbs over to some xenon ones and now the lights don't come on when unlocking. Lights have always been left in the off position and it's always worked fine.

Is there something that needs re-setting? The new bulbs work fine when I turn the switch to on.

Any help much appreciated,

Fred

Offline LouCyffer

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 63
Re: 'Coming Home Lights' have stopped working
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 03:08:16 pm »
1st stop would be the convenience menu in the Highline dash display. If you have a Midline display you won't be able to access it. Is your central dash sisplay a full height one about the same size of a small cigarette packet, or does it have a plastic horizontal divider across it halfway up (midline)?

If you have no joy in the convenience menu, or have midline, your next step is VCDS scan. If you don't have this, find a member nearby who does http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,120.0.html
Black 2008 5 door GTI. Leather, DSG, ipod prep, 18" Monzas. Retrofitted: Cruise, PDC, RNS510, 729 Skoda Bluetooth (thanks SteveP), MFSW buttons (thanks MortyGTTDi), Armrest & vents, covered cupholder, Highline (thanks Kalu), Polar FIS+ (thanks Richn), Reversing camera (thanks MortyGTTDi)

Offline sideshowfred

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 03:19:32 pm »
i don't believe it, just went to go and check what sort of dash i had. Pressed unlock and the lights are back on  :xmassmiley:

cheers, for your advise though. I'll keep it in mind if they decide to not work again.

Offline Matto

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 03:29:10 pm »
It does also depend on how light it is outside too.