All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
LED Bulbs?
SteveP:
--- Quote from: Greenouse on April 26, 2009, 09:39:38 pm ---Cheers Robin I'll give him a yell :happy2:
--- End quote ---
I should have some LED updates this week too :wink:
Greeners:
--- Quote from: SteveP on April 26, 2009, 09:41:29 pm ---
--- Quote from: Greenouse on April 26, 2009, 09:39:38 pm ---Cheers Robin I'll give him a yell :happy2:
--- End quote ---
I should have some LED updates this week too :wink:
--- End quote ---
Whats that then? do tell! :party: With regard the LED's Im sure it's a Vagcom job as all that needs to be done is disabling the 'Bulb Out' feature.
SteveP:
^^^ Agreed, like most things with VAGCOM I am sure it's possible but I thought about it after our discussion yesterday and while I could live without it for the sake of a bit of work with my soldering iron and some resistors I would rather have it enabled. :happy2:
NotNormal:
--- Quote from: Greenouse on April 26, 2009, 09:43:21 pm ---Whats that then? do tell! :party: With regard the LED's Im sure it's a Vagcom job as all that needs to be done is disabling the 'Bulb Out' feature.
--- End quote ---
The bulb out feature cannot be turned off, only the rear light clusters command can be switched to LED to stop the bulb out light coming on.
The front facing lights are still checked by the feature for blown/incorrect bulbs
If you measure the resistance between the std bulb then add a resistor of the same strenght minus the resistance of the LED bulb it'll work fine.
The LED resistance wil be sod all anyway
RedRobin:
--- Quote from: NotNormal on April 27, 2009, 09:15:50 am ---
The bulb out feature cannot be turned off, only the rear light clusters command can be switched to LED to stop the bulb out light coming on.
The front facing lights are still checked by the feature for blown/incorrect bulbs.
--- End quote ---
....This can be switched off with VAS - My dealer did it for me.
My fogs have been replaced with Hella LED Daylight Running Lights with 3 bulbs per unit : -
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version