All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

LED Bulbs?

<< < (9/11) > >>

RedRobin:
^^^^
So it's just a matter of changing the bulbs.

And where did you get the bulbs please?

SteveP:
Yes on the puddle lights is just a bulb change, all you need is a small torx/star screwdriver, takes about 1 min to do  :happy2:

The ones I have are the 6 LED version here - http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/501-6-led-bulbs-c-611-p-1-pr-17741.html

You can get them cheaper (from the place you don't like) but these are good quality IMHO  :drinking:

RedRobin:
^^^^
Cheers! [I daren't Thank You!!] :drinking:

I'd much rather go for quality than price. There's quite a few places I don't like, aren't there? :evilgrin:

Oooh! I've just checked the link - I could have some blue ones! :jumpmove: :jumpmove:

JPC:

--- Quote from: SteveP on May 02, 2009, 09:31:19 pm ---^^^ JPC, are the resistor's in Aluminum housings???

Here my next LED conversion, puddle lights  :smiley:

BEFORE: -





AFTER: -





In the twilight there aren't quite as bright as the stock yellow bulbs but once it's properly dark they look great  :happy2:

And the other plus there is no bulb check on puddle lights so no need for resistors  :drinking:

--- End quote ---

there Metal Film Resistors. good for 500v and 2w.

puddle lights looking brilliant, sir! ;)

nick-barnes07:
i put a set of led side light bulbs in my golf earlier on and they are also doing the same, anyone find a way to get around this, have u got to put a resistor in with them, or is that the puddle lights on mirrors???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version