Make a donation

Author Topic: 1K6 920 860 E to highline (mfa+) cluster possible?  (Read 7106 times)

Offline skard

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 245
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62636
Re: 1K6 920 860 E to highline (mfa+) cluster possible?
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 08:45:33 pm »
I don't ever recall holding in the MFA rocker switch to try and access the menu, if Andy (Maxitrol) still has that stalk maybe he could try for you. When I briefly had the 872 clocks I had a later MFSW and Zenec HU.

But the stalk would let me run through trip functions etc.

I do recall a member on another forum having a similar problem to what Ed describes with an older RCD300, maybe he can recall this better than I. x72 clocks were very late 2005 onwards, maybe this is why they don't appear in your manual?

What I do know is you can get standard MFSW from ebay.de for as low as €75, it may be worthwhile buying one to swap the buttons, then selling it with your old buttons for the same sort of price?
Used to have Edition 30 - number 009 and a GT TDI 140.
Now have an S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

Offline Timvgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 08:48:42 pm »
And if I just don't enter the audio menu (because I not necessarily need to see this menu), will I 'bypass' this problem?
So I just use/enter the 'MFA/Navigation/Telephone/Vehicle status/Settings/E-mfa' menu's?
At what menu does the mfa+ start, each time I (re)start the car?

And if I decide to buy the new style mfsw buttons, do they work? No newer can gateway/module needed? Do I need other vcds coding?

Offline skard

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 245
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62636
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 08:53:37 pm »
I would have to let Ed, or someone more knowledgeable on the topic answer that with more conviction.

I'm pretty sure the later buttons would be plug and play as you're already coded for MFSW buttons. I'm also sure the x72 onwards need the MENU button on the wheel to flick between menu's.
Used to have Edition 30 - number 009 and a GT TDI 140.
Now have an S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 09:03:56 pm »
If you don't use the Audio option then that won't be a problem, although you will get the problem in Navigation

I fixed the problem with my MFD2 by installing a Mk6 Mfsw, then I upgraded to an RNS510 and I had the problem again.
In the end I fitted a 974 Cluster and this worked best
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline Timvgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 08:17:55 am »
If you don't use the Audio option then that won't be a problem, although you will get the problem in Navigation

I fixed the problem with my MFD2 by installing a Mk6 Mfsw, then I upgraded to an RNS510 and I had the problem again.
In the end I fitted a 974 Cluster and this worked best

Aha, the problem also occurs in the mfa navi mode with the rns510, hmm...
How comes? If you bought a factory mfa+ with stalk wiper control, did this happen also? Or not with the rcd300/mfd2, which were available in those years?