Make a donation

Author Topic: "Race Twin Intercooler Kit"  (Read 7931 times)

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
Re: "Race Twin Intercooler Kit"
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 05:03:59 pm »
I think there is a difference between wanting to eek a little more power for your stage 2.5 mapped car as opposed to a full on race/track car, answer for me would likely be yes for that price and wont bother for forge price  :happy2:
Again just my opinion, if I was loaded and had a spare £550 I would probably buy forge, but im not and therefore wont  :grin:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Dan648v

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,39823.0.html
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2012, 05:16:06 pm »
I've heard the flow on the forge twintercooler isnt great and acts more like an air block to the std cooler? So infact not all the great compared to a std replacement unit. Might be a can of worms but apparantely there was testing behind it.
Revo Stage 2+ Edition 30 No.1089 with added carbon

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2012, 05:18:20 pm »
and thats why i want a intercooler. id like to go stage 2 and get the most out of it. i intend to do the occasional track events. but even then its casual and fun. not building a full race car. and i second that if i had 500 or 600 spare and no other plans then perhaps id buy a forge but until then 180 aint a bad price forr a few more ponies and slighty reduced temps.

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2012, 05:21:17 pm »
I've heard the flow on the forge twintercooler isnt great and acts more like an air block to the std cooler? So infact not all the great compared to a std replacement unit. Might be a can of worms but apparantely there was testing behind it.

didnt know that :s so you could essentially be paying 500-600 for worse performance providing the data is accurate. would like to see the tests on that one if you can digg them out? might make me rethink the idea of a twin intercooler

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2012, 05:47:36 pm »
The forge twitercooler has been PROVEN to work, so you know you are getting a product that does what it says on the tin.

You dont need the intercooler for stage 2+ anyway, its a nice to have.  There have been quite alot of us who have ran at stage 2+ whilst retaining the stock intercooler.  Mine was around 8hp less than an equivalent stage 2+ car fitted with the intercooler.

All that is needed for stage 2+ is the downpipe with sports cat and the HPFP.  Mods such as the intake, intercooler etc are just icing on the cake.

What stage and tune are you running now?

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2012, 05:52:56 pm »
icing on the cake id love to have :) i thought you needed an intake for stage 2? my ideal workout would be as you say down pipe, exhaust, intake and fmic and thrn be happy with leaving it that and stage 2.plus i think fmic.look **** hot on a gti and it helps look after your engine due to the cooler and denser engine (correct me if im wrong) and on motor way journeys i like the idea of achieving better mpg (unless im mistaken)

Offline martziniuk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2012, 05:55:11 pm »
I ran a chinese intercooler on my mk1 Octavia vrs, I was very impressed with the price and build quality, the welds were superb. Intake temps dropped a lot and the car felt a lot quicker.

Would i use another Chinese intercooler? For that price hell yeah!
But you can pick a secondhand S3 one up for a lot cheaper than that.

Have a look on golfmkv.com when it's back on line, there is a lot of talk on the Godspeed one which they've had good results with.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 05:57:56 pm by martziniuk »
Mk2 Octavia vRS with K04 conversion, 3"TBE & Decat, APR HPFP, BDM Intake, S3 I/C, Sachs clutch & Unicorn custom map, S3 brakes, AP coilovers, THS mounts.

B8.5 Audi S4 with uprated pulley and unicorn Stage 2

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2012, 05:57:56 pm »
yeah? do you remember which one? or which seller? yeah i know but for me i like the fmic look but the s3 is a beast. id only run one of them if i was going stage three!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2012, 06:01:00 pm »
The FMIC look......whats that when its around.  Are you planning on leaving your front bumper off!!  It looks like a box behind the lower grill, simple as that. 

Offline martziniuk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2012, 06:07:52 pm »
FMIC look. I miss that car  :sad1:
Mk2 Octavia vRS with K04 conversion, 3"TBE & Decat, APR HPFP, BDM Intake, S3 I/C, Sachs clutch & Unicorn custom map, S3 brakes, AP coilovers, THS mounts.

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2012, 06:11:08 pm »
http://www.google.com/m/search?site=images&source=mog&hl=en&gl=uk&client=ms-android-h3g-gb&q=mk5%20gti%20fmic&sa=N#i=7

i think it looks nice and a little bit meaner than just honeycoombe grilling.. perspnal opinion. thats a nice looking fmic martziniuk what bhp where you pushing?

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2012, 06:14:36 pm »
If I get one fitted it will likely get sprayed black to hid it behind the grille as I dont like the thing to show, im more about stealth  :happy2:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2012, 06:15:32 pm »
those tirea look like the fun peddle was pushed a bit heavy  :driver: unless im not seeing it properly am on phone

Offline martziniuk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2012, 06:18:23 pm »
http://www.google.com/m/search?site=images&source=mog&hl=en&gl=uk&client=ms-android-h3g-gb&q=mk5%20gti%20fmic&sa=N#i=7

i think it looks nice and a little bit meaner than just honeycoombe grilling.. perspnal opinion. thats a nice looking fmic martziniuk what bhp where you pushing?
Only 218bhp on stage 1, it was only 180bhp standard but it had bags of character. Tyres should have been within depth.

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2012, 06:20:13 pm »
stealth to a degree but i like the idea of showing a little of supporting mods. plus spraying it black will only decrease the effiecency no? it absobs and retains heat more than reflective or bright colours. in the summersurely it will just soak the heat up from the outside?

and theres only so much stealth you can manage in a gti my mum even knows theyre fast and turbo :signLOL: