Make a donation

Author Topic: ED30 TO R32 Should I do it  (Read 10020 times)

Offline T88OMM

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
Re: ED30 TO R32 Should I do it
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 01:05:35 pm »
Get Non-Res Milltek, Fuel Pump. S3 Cooler and Map. You will get you entusiasm back in no time and easily make mince meet of an R32  :jumpmove: :rolleye:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 01:28:03 pm »

Even without a remap, the Ed30 is a more exciting car to drive than a stock Mk5 R32. The .:R has the superb V6 exhaust music but the Ed30 comes with 230 bhp and a turbo and is much more fun to drive on the road.

Just my opinion. :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 01:30:27 pm »
I'd like to make an official complaint about spending RedRobins pension...........He's doing perfectly okay at spending his own pension on his car :grin: :signLOL:

.... :signLOL: I've been rumbled! Good job I'm not answerable to a SWMBO :P

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2008, 09:39:57 am »
thank for the responce i only do about 5-6k a year  have got the money ready to go on remap/miltek/brakes and s3 cooler but
 the R32 has got into my head think i have got to the point where i need to get my enthusiasm back for the ED30 and
  a remap etc may just do that.
   I had a short ride in hurdys car at the prosport RR day and it just blew me away  :laugh:

Yeh but to be fair Mike Hurdy has spent Red robins pension so far on his, If your going to get yours like that you may as well get the R32 and do the twin turbo conversion and you will still have a few pennies left for the parachute out the back.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

In all fairness you don't have to make the FTSE index go up 3 point when modding like Hurdy..  :grin: Mine only owes me £800 for my mods and she's no slouch. Alright I got my Milltek silly cheap, but a Milltek and stage 2 sortware can still be achieved for a little over £1500 and will give you more than enough excitement for your Ed30 mate..
If you are still undecided about which way you wanna go. Why don't you have another drive of the R32, then on the same day go to your nearest Revo dealer and get the 5 hour free trial. Then you can do a back to back comparison..  :happy2:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 09:42:21 am by Vtec Abuser »

Offline dogbucket

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2008, 11:19:12 am »

Even without a remap, the Ed30 is a more exciting car to drive than a stock Mk5 R32. The .:R has the superb V6 exhaust music but the Ed30 comes with 230 bhp and a turbo and is much more fun to drive on the road.

Certainly is exciting, but not in a good way I have found. Bit of a joke in the wet and torque steer in the dry. Maybe I drove 4wd Golfs for too long, but I still havent got used to feeling of the front wheels scrabbling around.

I would go back to an R32 in a shot if I had the money to do so...

Offline mikebgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2008, 12:02:09 pm »
thank for the responce i only do about 5-6k a year  have got the money ready to go on remap/miltek/brakes and s3 cooler but
 the R32 has got into my head think i have got to the point where i need to get my enthusiasm back for the ED30 and
  a remap etc may just do that.
   I had a short ride in hurdys car at the prosport RR day and it just blew me away  :laugh:

Yeh but to be fair Mike Hurdy has spent Red robins pension so far on his, If your going to get yours like that you may as well get the R32 and do the twin turbo conversion and you will still have a few pennies left for the parachute out the back.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

In all fairness you don't have to make the FTSE index go up 3 point when modding like Hurdy..  :grin: Mine only owes me £800 for my mods and she's no slouch. Alright I got my Milltek silly cheap, but a Milltek and stage 2 sortware can still be achieved for a little over £1500 and will give you more than enough excitement for your Ed30 mate..
If you are still undecided about which way you wanna go. Why don't you have another drive of the R32, then on the same day go to your nearest Revo dealer and get the 5 hour free trial. Then you can do a back to back comparison..  :happy2:

Funny you should say that about the free trial was just thinking the same this morning. off work next week so going to get revo
   trial and see what the traction is like as this is my only concern about having the car remapped .
MK6 Candy GTI picture coming soon

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2008, 01:39:48 pm »

Did someone mention Quaife ATB diff? :evilgrin:

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2008, 01:47:52 pm »
As you have the Ed30 then your better off getting it remapped to increase your smiles per mile- without a doubt!

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2008, 04:27:52 pm »
About £1500 will get you somewhere near 320bhp! Can't go wrong fella! To get that power from an R32 would cost you 5k plus, and your fuel bill would probably be the same  :rolleye:

Offline dogbucket

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2008, 06:39:17 pm »

Certainly is exciting, but not in a good way I have found. Bit of a joke in the wet and torque steer in the dry. Maybe I drove 4wd Golfs for too long, but I still havent got used to feeling of the front wheels scrabbling around.

I would go back to an R32 in a shot if I had the money to do so...

On reflection maybe that sounded a bit harsh. Had a frustrating drive home in the wet last night so as soon as I got a clear bit of road was mashing the loud pedal somewhat. I think a Milltek will make it all better..

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2008, 07:26:08 pm »
^^^^

The trick is to always be happy with what you've got rather than unhappy about what you haven't got.

I'd love a Lambo Guillardo 560 but I'm very very happy with my GTI.

Milltek and similar performance exhausts make a 4-pot turbo sound as good as they possibly can do. After stepping back in my GTI after rides in V8's and V6's (with Millteks), I've expected to be disappointed and haven't been.