Make a donation

Author Topic: Revo DSG map - stage 1  (Read 5668 times)

Offline flashp

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 65
Revo DSG map - stage 1
« on: November 12, 2014, 06:18:22 pm »
Felt it was worth mentioning this since I've had this on the car for a few weeks now and I'm impressed.
My car is stage 2+ and I've realized that running standard software was preventing me from getting the most from the car in terms driving in a normal fashion around town etc in 'D'.

After my tuning was completed I had noticed the subtle shift in where the torque band started, not really a major problem but evident. Anyhow, since mapping the gearbox it feels distinctly like the gearbox 'fits' the engine better. By that I mean that the box now stays in a higher gear for a little longer, not excessively so but enough to keep a little more torque available when in 'D'. It is also more ready to change down 1 gear when accelerating from typically urban speed limits without giving it a heavy prod on the gas.

By way of a comparison imagine a manual box feeling like it has a poorly chosen set of ratios.

As for manual via paddles and 'S' it's better there too. All of the benefits that Revo publish are there and they make a positive difference.

All in all a series of small changes that amount to a substantially improved driving experience.  :happy2:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 06:56:21 pm by flashp »

Gone but not forgotten :-)

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 95
  • -Receive: 94
  • Drink Russian, Wear Italian, Drive German :)
Re: Revo DSG map - stage 1
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 11:29:10 am »
A good review Ash, I agree with what you are saying. The DSG box definitely feels more awake and alert now, I find it especially helpful in certain situations eg, when you want to pull out from a roundabout quickly, it has eliminated that slight pause. :happy2:
Driving: Tornado Red MK7 GTD, BMW 330e
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Offline SRC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 08:23:35 am »
Can I ask who you used, and how much it cost?

Shadow blue DSG 5 door with leather, sunroof, 18" Monzas, MFSW. 
Full list of mods:  Seat inserts and a VW bottle opener.  Each worth 20bhp.

Offline flashp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 65
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 06:22:55 pm »
Thanks Mandy  :happy2:

@SRC - Yes, JKM installed mine. Can't remember what the cost was off the top of my head, but it was standard Revo pricing less their 20% sale offer at the time. Had to wait a long time for my code as it turns out I have Mk6 transmission on mine. Normally speaking I don't think there's an issue with software availability.

Gone but not forgotten :-)

Offline Mshepphard

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 12:42:37 pm »
DSG Tune changed my car also as there is a torque limiter in all Mk5 DSG at 350Nm of torque and my car was reading 350nm at the wheels tuned the gearbox at got 380nm out of it ! Well worth the money plus you get a really responsive gearshift !  :happy2:

Offline karl.cee

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 02:01:16 pm »
what sort of gains did you get from the revo remap. did you find it to be aggressive?