Make a donation

Author Topic: Xenon Washer Jet Cover Knocked Off :0(  (Read 694 times)

Offline funkythumbs42

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Xenon Washer Jet Cover Knocked Off :0(
« on: February 02, 2012, 08:33:13 pm »
Woke up to this today:

there is a slight scrape below so think someone may have hit the cover and its dropped off but nowhere to be found.  Can i get a replacement from vw ready and painted?

I cant tell if the cover will clip back on or whether its damaged the jet still pops out and sprays at least

any advice?

greg

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 34
Re: Xenon Washer Jet Cover Knocked Off :0(
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 09:31:57 pm »
you can pull the jet back out, but make sure you pull it out at the same angle as though it was coming out under pressure...dont pull it out 90degrees to the bumper or anything funny like that, and it is spring loaded and needs a fair bit of force!

the cover looks from the picture like it can clip back on, theres four little 'pins' either side of the jet where it clips back on

vw would only do the cover in primer as far as i know...cost me 20quid to get my entire set of bumper strips and the two washer caps sprayed from my local body shop...

good luck with it...
MK6 GT TDI  - CW - LUX pack
GONE
MkV Golf 1.9TDI Sport in DBP, 160,000 miles and climbing!

Retrofits by me:GT front end,OEM bixenons with auto-levelling/washers, Valeo LED Rears, MFSW + Highline SWCM, Cruise Control, 30byte Highline CECM, Highline clocks, Rain/Light Sensor, Auto-dimming Rear view Mirror, RNS-510 LED (Ver H; SW: 4020), Fiscon Basic Bluetooth, MDI + Aux, Armrest, Reverse Camera LOW, TPMS..what next...

h4rdy

Re: Xenon Washer Jet Cover Knocked Off :0(
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 10:39:25 pm »
They just fall off.
Mine did and I found it in the road outside my house.
Irrelevant but mine was splayed apart somehow where it clips onto the two lugs, I just popped it in my vice, got my heatgun adaptor on my gas soldering iron and heated it up until it was parallel again et voila!
Be careful it goes quick.
It looks like your pins are fine and you will just need the plate as it comes as a molding with the holes.
Try a wanted on here.