Make a donation

Author Topic: Help!!! What Wheels to get for my b'day?????  (Read 5800 times)

Offline BeezerDiesel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 11
Re: Help!!! What Wheels to get for my b'day?????
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 04:10:27 pm »
Do you have Charlestons on your car already? As per your sig? I think they are one of the best VW designs ever and with some smallish spacers would get the 'stance' of the car perfect.

Having said that I got my wife to get me a set of BBSs (genuine!) for my 40th last year!!!  :happy2:
Andy
7R

Offline tomoc2003

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 08:31:12 pm »
Mercedes wheels.   You'll add class and there's millions of styles and offsets to choose from.

Yeah thought this do you know any site's for replica's other than flebay

Do you have Charlestons on your car already? As per your sig? I think they are one of the best VW designs ever and with some smallish spacers would get the 'stance' of the car perfect.

Having said that I got my wife to get me a set of BBSs (genuine!) for my 40th last year!!!  :happy2:

Yeah they are mate and i do really like them!!!! its just there standard and am not going to do much to the car so a decent looking aftermarket set of wheels i think will really make a difference  :wink:

Offline tomoc2003

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2009, 06:05:05 pm »
Come on everyone 14 days and counting to my b'day what wheels do i order????  :laugh:

Offline BeezerDiesel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2009, 06:10:39 pm »
I'll say it again: Keep the Charlestons, they're lovely, just add spacers.
Get some engine mods instead.

And if we really have to help you out, what's the budget? Remember don't get cheap tyres or you may not make the next Birthday  :happy2:
Andy
7R

Offline tomoc2003

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2009, 07:08:19 pm »
Cheaper the better lol but no more than 800ish really and i dont drive too fast  :wink:

Defo like lm and ch reps possible try to find some merc reps or some other reps just because there different.....

matt a

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2009, 07:20:36 pm »
I'm sure no one out there shares my views, but I have a real problem with reps!

Buy either secondhand BBS before buying reps. If you can't afford them, dont buy them.

Offline BeezerDiesel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2009, 08:17:35 pm »
Have a look at genuine Audi wheels too, as long as you keep the ET over 42ish mm there are loads of styles to choose from and there are some lovely BBS made Calittos on Ebay at the moment.
Just steer away from the really big Audis' rims at their offets are about 35mm which is not good for Golf mk5s.
Andy
7R

Offline tomoc2003

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2009, 10:46:10 am »
I'm sure no one out there shares my views, but I have a real problem with reps!

Buy either secondhand BBS before buying reps. If you can't afford them, dont buy them.

I appreciate your opinion! but why not buy what you want?
copying is done in everything think about the clothes that people buy on the high street, its often copying the designer and catwalks etc
Another point is i would never be able to justify the 2800ish k for a real set of bbs lm's thats over a quarter of the value car on a set of wheels and its only a daily drive....

and if your view is that people who buy them are robbing bbs well i doubt it... because how much can them wheels really cost them to have such a high price tag

BUT i would rather buy 2nd real one's for the money!
 :happy2:

Have a look at genuine Audi wheels too, as long as you keep the ET over 42ish mm there are loads of styles to choose from and there are some lovely BBS made Calittos on Ebay at the moment.
Just steer away from the really big Audis' rims at their offets are about 35mm which is not good for Golf mk5s.

Cheers am going to keep searching ebay

Offline RunRabbit

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email

Offline tomoc2003

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2009, 11:32:10 am »
http://www.merseyspeed.co.uk/index.php/replica-wheels/vw/18-/bbs-lm-replacement-39-s/p_70.html

Are you selling the Charlestons?

i've been on this site before and forgotten it  :ashamed: so thanks mate  :happy2:

No i won't be selling