All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Brake upgrade
Harm:
Hi all
I am shocked as to bad the stock GTI brakes are!
Is there anything i can do or any combinations you can recommend without changing to R32 brakes, or is it just worth saving my money and buying going 32 or aftermarket set up?
Any help appreciated!
prepree:
I agree the brakes arent quite as good as i thought they would be,
There are a few options tho- RR has upgraded his to bremo's i think- he has written a review of them and i think hurdy has turox upgraded brakes. Im sure they will be along to help you in more detail.
I think R32 is the cheaper option - esp if you get some from flebay
tony_danza:
R32's are more than enough for most people's fast-road needs. :happy2:
Glenn:
ive just upgraded to r32 fronts with ferrodo ds2500 pads there bedded in now and seem excellent and work very well, very happy with them
danishmkvgti:
I have a set of Cupra brakes in the mail atm, chose those over the r32 since they have the right colour from start :happy2:
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
Go to full version