All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Falken ZE912 tyres.
true-blue:
I had a set of 452's on my A4 Sline 2.0 Tdi (mapped to 185 bhp with loads of torque) and the Falkens were excellent for the money. They are very highly rated on the Bmw forums.
ub7rm:
I have the falken fk452's and like a lot of other highly rate them. For the money they are outstanding. I was also under the impression that the ze912's were the slightly inferior tyre aimed at the more humdrum type or car and the fk's for performace cars.
Ifti:
I'll be replacing my fronts for 452's this summer.......
scarpicus:
i got falkens ze912 tyres with my wheels and have had no problems with them in dry and wet.
Online reviews of these tyres seem to be good :happy2:
The wheel man:
--- Quote from: celica on May 03, 2009, 08:57:20 pm ---i've had falkens in the past, but wasn't too impressed. for a little more i would go for toyo's or if something cheaper and maybe just as good, nankang, kuhmo, cooper, nexens would be worth a try i feel
--- End quote ---
I woulddnt necessarily reccomend Nankang NSII;s or the Nexens. In the trade this type of tyre is classed as a ditch finder :driver:. I have 452's at the moment and although they do make more noise than the conti 3's on previously they are still a very capable tyre and i would reccomend then to anyone not able to fork out for more expensive rubber that will perform better.
As for the difference in the 452 & 921, as other have said the 452 is the better, more focused tyre although is seems to have been around for ages. From the 452's i will probably be looking at either Toyo Proxy 4 / T1R or the Yoko Prada spec 2 as they are all in the same price bracket and have roughly the same compound.
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version