Make a donation

Author Topic: HOW TO:- Fit a Skoda 1Z0 035 729B bluetooth kit (lots of pictures)  (Read 50486 times)

Offline smokey

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 5
    • Club night in Bristol - Drama
    • Email
Hiya Guys

Well today I tackled the fitting of my new Bluetooth kit (Thanks to Eddie-NL for the purchase)

I thought I would do a guide as there are some around but not for fitting to a mk5 golf.

So here we go....

First off a box full of parts

Then by moving the front seat forward there are some pre cut squares which need to be removed (dont you just love working on VW's!!)

Then opposite there is a large section which is also pre cut. No need to fully remove as the wiring loom is all that's needed to fit through here.

There are two black plastic inserts which fit into the holes which have no been exposed

Next job was to lift up the plastic trim which runs along the door so the the new loom can be run down the side, with the other looms.

Next job was to remove the plastic trim in the foot well where the boot release handle is. Took a few mins but realised there is a black plastic clip which needs to be pushed out to release the handle.

Once the handle is removed there is a small black plastic cap and screw which needs to be removed.

Once both removed the plastic trim can be removed

Now with the plastic trim removed the carpet and underlay can be lifted up exposing the other loom wires which are there

Now you need to start putting the new bluetooth loom in place, to make this easier i removed the large black plastic housing so that it was easier to slip underneath the carpet.

It quite a tight fit but it is possible to slide the loom underneath the carpet over to the large cut out where the Bluetooth unit will be fitted

Then the plastic housing was refitted

The loom was then fitted along  the floor and along the side of the car (plus a hoover of the carpet :happy2:)

The next step was then to remove the plastic trim on the side of the dashboard exposing the fuse board

The next job is to remove the trim on the A pillar, this does have a hidden screw underneath the "Airbag" badge which can be missed

Once that screw is removed the trim pulls off, there are 3 clips holding it in place

To make fitting the mic cable the vanity light and grab handles need to be removed

Then to get into the central overhead console the sunglasses holder needs to be removed

Then with that out of the way the grill can be removed

Which then exposes two screws which need to be removed

Once removed the main section can be removed

There is a piece of foam in place where the mic would be, which is simply pulled out.

Then the mic can be fitted

Also good chance to clean the plastic for the lights, mine was quite grubby and a few small dead flies in there!!

Now need to route the mic cable

Found the best way was to route it from the side of the car to where the vanity light would be

This can then be pulled down to follow the A pillar

Then from where the vanity light to where the central overhead console is, Didn't need any wire or something similar, as the cable is quite stiff can be pushed through on its own.

Now just need to connect the mic cable to the mic and refit the light unit

Then to cable tie the mic cable in place

Now need to get the bluetooth loom and mic cable to the RNS-510, so decided to do this by running it along the footwell, so unscrewed the cover and placed along the bottom. There is just enough clearance to get the end with the big plugs through and to the back of the RNS.

No to take out the RNS-510

With the RNS removed you can get your hand down the back to the two large plugs on the end of the bluetooth loom and pull it through

With this plug and play loom you just need to simply plug it into the existing plug and then the new plug on the bluetooth loom plugs into the RNS

Then need to put everything back together

Now need to attach the bluetooth antenna to the unit and fit it into place

Fit the cover over the top

Now its time to code the unit in via VCDS. All that needs to be done is to select Telephone in the Gateway section. (number 77)
Now there should be a new Telephone button which is now available, the codeing should be set, but in here you can change the pin code for the bluetooth, default is 1234. You can also tell the unit if you have MFSW etc.

Then turn on the unit and turn on bluetooth on your phone, my iPhone 4S only took 30 seconds to find the cars bluetooth and pair.

You now have full acces to your phonebook and missed calls and recieved calls. I was really surprised how much info there was and that it was all on the RNS  :happy2:

I did think there was an option to see your text messages on there too, but can't see anything?!!

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 10:10:49 pm by smokey »

2004 GT TDI 2.0 (140bhp) - Mods so far - GTI pedals, GTI Interior Metal Strips, GTI Metal Ashtray, Gear Knob with metal surround, TPMS (with switch), RNS-510, Skoda bluetooth kit, Armrest MDI, VCDS owner (Bristol)

Offline gtlee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 14
Re: HOW TO:- Fit a Skoda 1Z0 035 729B bluetooth kit (lots of pictures)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 11:12:44 pm »
Great write up very detailed would benefit potential peeps who wants to retrofit the OEM bluetooth kits.

Well done! :congrats:
Golf V 5DR DSG GT Sport,,Xenons,Full leather,18'Charlestons,Lux pack,storage pack,folding mirrors,front armrest, retrofited--mk5 gti  grilles,fog lamps grilles,GTi rear bumper,coloured coded sideskirts, VIM RNS-510 C,MK6 MFSW with paddles,GTi DSG gear lever,Cruise control,Highline.Rain sensor with window auto closure,TPMS.7P6 Bluetooth.

Mods to come: RVC, and.................

MPS

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 11:24:53 pm »
 :congrats: Great write up and great effort! Kudos to you

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 11:27:29 pm »
good write up and great detail
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 11:54:58 pm »
Very good indeed, well done mate :happy2:
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 11:57:22 pm »
Very nice guide.

A couple of observations from fitting quite a few of these myself (including one today :wink:)  My personal preference is to run the cable behind the dash clocks so to be well clear of the steering column and I also remove the lower right knee panel to get better access.  I don't think you need to remove the sunglass holder or the sun visor lamp.  That's just my preference and of course doesn't make your method any less suitable.

I don't think you'll see text messages on a 729B and certainly not with an iPhone as it isn't rSAP.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 05:11:00 am »
I've seen bluetooth kits on sale but no carpet cover. Do hou have a part number for this?

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline smokey

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 08:33:05 am »
Thanks for all the good feedback guys  :happy2:

There is a sticker on the bottom of the carpet section and the codes on it are:

ZM4

1Z0 971 813 621

Hopefully one of those is it

2004 GT TDI 2.0 (140bhp) - Mods so far - GTI pedals, GTI Interior Metal Strips, GTI Metal Ashtray, Gear Knob with metal surround, TPMS (with switch), RNS-510, Skoda bluetooth kit, Armrest MDI, VCDS owner (Bristol)

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 08:55:34 am »
Brilliant how to, thanks for the effort  :happy2:
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 09:41:49 am »
Very nice guide.

A couple of observations from fitting quite a few of these myself (including one today :wink:)  My personal preference is to run the cable behind the dash clocks so to be well clear of the steering column and I also remove the lower right knee panel to get better access.  I don't think you need to remove the sunglass holder or the sun visor lamp.  That's just my preference and of course doesn't make your method any less suitable.

I don't think you'll see text messages on a 729B and certainly not with an iPhone as it isn't rSAP.

I also run the loom behind the clocks, and I manage to feed the loom behind the bonnet release trim without taking it off by pulling on the edge where it meets the door rubber.

No messages with the 729B
I went back to a 5N0 version as I have upgrade my clocks, and it will do text messages in the highline
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 12:54:07 pm »
Taking the RNS out of the question, but can i ask how much the kit is in total?
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 01:01:09 pm »

depends, new they are more expensive than they were from the dealer. (the kit used here was my one that I had in my car and I sold it in the for sale section)

729B kit £200+ highest I have seen is £379 on ebay
5N0 less due to limited phone compatibility
7P6 kits are good £180 - £280

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Offline jason_rmh

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 69
  • -Receive: 81
Re: Re: HOW TO:- Fit a Skoda 1Z0 035 729B bluetooth kit (lots of pictures)
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 01:56:47 pm »
Are these kits compatible with rcd 510?

VCDS (Preston, Lancashire)

Offline smokey

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 02:01:43 pm »
Yes they are compatible with the RCD 510  :happy2:

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 02:43:15 pm »

depends, new they are more expensive than they were from the dealer. (the kit used here was my one that I had in my car and I sold it in the for sale section)

729B kit £200+ highest I have seen is £379 on ebay
5N0 less due to limited phone compatibility
7P6 kits are good £180 - £280

what are the differences in the kits? what features do you get with one that you dont get with another?