Make a donation

Author Topic: ±±±±±± Formula 1, 2012 Season. ±±±±±  (Read 147968 times)

Offline Makaveli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
Re: ±±±±±± Formula 1, 2012 Season. ±±±±±
« Reply #1050 on: October 29, 2013, 01:51:50 pm »
Appaently they arent exactly the same under the bonnet due to the size difference of the drivers, i think the KERS kit is in a different place on webbers cars.

But either way either Webber is really really sh1t or Vettel is very good. Being a Vettel fan id go for the later  :drinking:
I think you missed the point I was trying to make! :smiley:

Offline AndrewJB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
  • die gelbe Baron
    • Email
« Reply #1051 on: October 29, 2013, 01:54:50 pm »
Nah i was fully aware of the point you were trying to make.
2014 Seat Leon Cupra 280 VWR Springs, VWR Intake, REVO Stage1
LeonOC.com & TDISport.com Administrator

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #1052 on: October 29, 2013, 05:37:07 pm »
With Brawn gone (and if he goes to McLaren) I give it just 1 season before Hamilton goes back to Macca I reckon.  :popcornsoda:

I really cant see that happening.  He has openly admitted he hated the McLaren publicity machine and how regimented it was, he hated not being able to keep his rophies etc.  Mercedes gave him a much more relaxed setup and i think will be one of th strongest contenders next year.  This season wasnt even meant to be anything really, they have ben concentrating on 2014 for the previous year and this season.  they're comback is based around that.  Judging by how well they have perfromed this season when it wasnt their number 1 priority, id say Merc will be the team to beat next year.

He also has Paddy Lowe working for Mercedes from his old McLaren days as well.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #1053 on: October 29, 2013, 09:49:09 pm »
Might Ross Brawn now be going to help develop the Honda F1 engine?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #1054 on: October 31, 2013, 08:50:39 am »
Ross brawn and button where unstoppable a few seasons back  :driver:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Bernhard30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #1055 on: November 18, 2013, 07:56:09 pm »
I think Vettel's in a no win situation really..so to speak.

He's winning the races (and personally think he might win every race till season end) but he's driving a Newey car and there's always the debate on the ultimate skill level of drivers in Newey cars.
I think history goes against Seb somewhat here. In the late 90's everyone really rated how quick Hakkinen was and he won 'just' two championships in Newey's McLaren. Then prior to that the 97, 96, 93, & 92 winning drivers were all in Newey Wlliams'.
Accepting the only other multiple champ from that list of years was Prost. But seem to recall in the 90's the interest was could the Williams team beat Schumacher at Benetton/Ferrari.

I don't especially like Vettel per se. Just I think he's a top driver in an exceptional car and is vey much on top of his game.
As Brundle always puts it on the Sky coverage. Mark Webber is a fantastic racing driver. But compare his record in the same car against Sebastian Vettel especially the last couple of years. Not sure Webber will win a race in 2013. Would like to see it. But not sure he will.
So for Vettel to do 4 championships in a row shows he's really very good.

Hope 2014 regs help the racing a bit. Cause it's a one horse race at the minute.

Anyway we know who's the fastest in the Top Gear Suzuki Liana...Hamilton.

Ruddy hell wish I'd had courage to bet on my gut instinct that Vettel could sweep the rest of the season..cause it looks like he might.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #1056 on: December 11, 2013, 06:40:58 am »
Just read that Maldanado has been selected to race for Lotus.  Its crazy that he has got that seat based on money, pushing a more talented driver like hulkenburg aside.  At least he has a drive with Force India.

The question now, is will Sutil or Di Resta fill the other seat at Force India?

Offline Wardy91-ed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #1057 on: December 11, 2013, 04:52:59 pm »
Agreed, maldanano!.. what were they thinking. Think he's a paid driver by country (like Perez) and a few others. And if lotus have trouble paying drivers like we saw with kimi then it would make sense. Think di resta has done enough to keep his seat in force India, but did slip up a lot late in season. Will be interesting for sure :happy2: