All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Problems with DSG

(1/4) > >>

Matjazz:
Fu... DSG... Its broken. The clutch for 1st, 3rd, 5th gear is damaged. The car has 92.000km this is aprox. 57.000 miles. First, car had strange sound on first gear only and then just broke down...

The clutch cost 4.200€ + work and OIL. Car is 3 years and no warranty (maybe I'll get 70% off on the clutch, I am waiting what will Germans tell).

Does anyone had the same problems?

cmdrfire:
0.o

What have you been doing?! My car is at 85,000 miles with no problem on the DSG (tiptronic element replaced at 82,000miles).
The clutch costs 4,200 euros?! Are you sure? That sounds like the cost for the entire gearbox or the mechatronic unit. I understood the clutch cost was much less.

Ifti:
 :surprised:
I hope this isnt a common thing!!!

cmdrfire:
There are Audis running around with 150,000m+ on them probably with DSG and no mass reported problems, failures, or recalls.

Hurdy:
Did the car have it's DSG service done at 40k miles as per schedule?

Still, even if it did a failure like that must be particularly rare!

Gutted for you mate. VW don't like supplying parts for the DSG and try to sell complete DSG boxes at the price you are stating. I can't see this continuing as the cars get older and need repairing though as it would be prohibitvely expensive and so parts should start becoming available.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version