All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
P!ssed off!!!! DSG remap
Hurdy:
Well I've phoned up my local GIAC dealer (10 mins away!) and did a general enquiry about the DSG remap. It appears that if you want it you have to have the same performance software as it has to be flashed together!
This means that for all you guys who are awaiting the Revo DSG remap who aren't running REVO performance software....you will have to either wait for Superchips, custom Code etc to bring out their DSG software or swap performance software anyway!
So, what I thought would be £450 could end up as £900, unless I wait for Custom Code to do their DSG remap, which maybe some time :sad:
Any thoughts on the GIAC software? :innocent:
GTIjames:
not to sure about that...
im booked in with regal this monday for the giac dsg remap, and am running the superchips remap
also from reports on vw vortex others are also using the giac dsg map with revo,apr etc...
regal quoted me £399
08micsta:
John says I want a DSG Remap.
He sees Carbon Fibre, Sporty Rims, and a fully loaded Edition 30 mixed with a petrol head.
John awaits in anticipation.
He tries to rip John he off and take John for a joyride.
^^^^
By the sounds of it at least.... But Im narrow minded so I might be overreading....lol
Good Luck Hurdy! :happy2:
Hurdy:
Hmmm, maybe the sales guy has it wrong then. I certainly hope so. :jumping:
Poking about a bit the DSG software should be done through the Mechatronics ECU rather than the Engine ECU and so they shouldn't really have to be linked!
Was your quote £399 inc VAT or plus VAT?
Hurdy:
--- Quote from: 08micsta on May 07, 2009, 01:47:31 pm ---John says I want a DSG Remap.
He sees Carbon Fibre, Sporty Rims, and a fully loaded Edition 30 mixed with a petrol head.
John awaits in anticipation.
He tries to rip John he off and take John for a joyride.
^^^^
By the sounds of it at least.... But Im narrow minded so I might be overreading....lol
Good Luck Hurdy! :happy2:
--- End quote ---
LOL
He hasn't seen my car yet, but I know what you mean. That is why I've posted here to see if I could go in armed with different info. Statller have a very good reputation as they are a Porsche and VAG specialist, with an ED30 DSG as a demo car, so I'd hope they weren't trying to pull a fast one. To be frank the guy is phoning me back to confirm whether or not you can map the DSG separately, fingers crossed! :happy2:
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
Go to full version