All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Miltek TBE on ED 30 question

<< < (2/3) > >>

JPC:
Akrapovic Miltek Akrapovic Miltek Akrapovic Miltek Akrapovic Akrapovic Miltek

oh sh1t! what a hard choice!!

robern2:
S08,
just another option, but you could always consider the Jetex turbo back system. Even Milltek acknowledge it's a quality piece of kit.

SO8:

--- Quote from: robern2 on May 08, 2009, 12:02:43 pm ---S08,
just another option, but you could always consider the Jetex turbo back system. Even Milltek acknowledge it's a quality piece of kit.

--- End quote ---

Thanks .... I know Jetex have been around ages and are top quality - but I have heard a resonated TB miltek and to begin with forgot it was on the car ! 

I want something that is effectively as quiet as standard.  I don't like loud - or even moderately loud - exhausts on 'normal' cars any more.  I've had a TVR Griffith with a straight through exhaust so do love a good sound .... I've had cars with Janspeed, Devil, Ansa and HKS .... I just don't want anything other than a std sound on this car so it's important that I've heard it .... and the Miltek fits the bill  :smiley:

If anyone has a Jetex system in Surrey or SW London I would be pleased to listen though  :smiley:

robern2:
I guess the sound/noise is a subjective thing.
I had a resonated system on my mk4 turbo and that became very drony at motorway speeds which is why I'm moving away from Milltek for my Edition 30.

I also stressed the noise level issue to Jetex when I spoke to them recently as I cant stand anything louder than standard. They assured me their system was near identical to standard, and  signficantly quiter than the resonated milltek.

Hedge:
Actually having the Milltek TBE exhaust on my car for just over a week I can say it is the nuts. :jumping:

I went from stock(reasonaby quiet) to non-res cat back (very loud, boomy), to res cat back (very quiet, quieter than stock) to the full TBE which overall is a little deeper than stock with a nice rasp at the top end. :evilgrin:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version