Make a donation

Author Topic: APR Presents the Return of Awesome...  (Read 27144 times)

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
Re: APR Presents the Return of Awesome...
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2012, 10:43:53 am »
The player who stinks in this fiasco is, in my opinion, Awesome.

Business is a hard ball game and neither APR nor Revo can be blamed for doing all they can to further their business. As to who's product is 'better' is a difficult question to answer. I very much like both my Revo products and their aftersales service but that doesn't mean that APR don't offer a good product - I've never tried it. Doubtless the two maps have differing characteristics and individual drivers have different preferences for how their ride drives.

Why couldn't Awesome offer both APR and Revo? That way they would be truly offering customers objective choice.

If APR have been typically aggressive Americans and twisted Awesome's arm, then I lose respect for APR as well. The whole affair is childish and not in customer's interests. I would continue to buy hardware products from Awesome (I think but it is now in question) but never software tuning - I would have absolutely no trust in any future aftersales support.

Awesome cant offer both APR and Revo, how are they going to remain neutral when a customer asks which is best?, bottom line to get back in bed with APR means that APR offered Awesome some very good rates on their products, customer asks which is best?, you make more on APR=your gonna say APR!!!.

THis swapping back n forth is essentially very good business for Awesome as they have a long list of customers and no doubt they will be doing some good deals to get said customers to come back to (or try) APR  :wink:, who loses out?, the Awesome customer with Revo as he will no longer be supported, will he be pointed in direction of APR...very likely  :stupid:

When you see all this going on it makes the smaller (but steadily gaining popularity) tuners look much more attractive  :happy2:

MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2012, 10:52:40 am »

Why couldn't Awesome offer both APR and Revo? That way they would be truly offering customers objective choice.

I was thinking this last night why places like awesome don't offer software from more than one company. I can understand selling only one company's software could bring some perks from that said company but surely offering software from various companies would bring a bigger customer base rather than alienating/loosing customers everytime they switch companies as they can no longer provide the after sales care for them

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2012, 11:19:54 am »

I was thinking this last night why places like awesome don't offer software from more than one company. I can understand selling only one company's software could bring some perks from that said company but surely offering software from various companies would bring a bigger customer base rather than alienating/loosing customers everytime they switch companies as they can no longer provide the after sales care for them

I think its about thinking about it, your a company who make X selling 1 product or XX for selling another which are you gonna sell?, lets be honest if both products cost the same to customer and do very similar things your likely to recommend which is best for the companies pocket!
Its a conflict of interest too, new company= lots of customers to chip away at to get over to APR meaning more money in Awesome and APR pockets  :stupid: :stupid:

I very much doubt that they will be passing these savings (on new contract rates) over to customers  :fighting:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 12:01:21 pm by Tamiyoman »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2012, 12:46:37 pm »
Of course Awesome can offer both APR AND Revo! Other highly reputable companies do so and they recognise that it's not black & white as to which remap is 'the best' - They care about their customers. 'The best' is the best one to suit both the driver and the car.... "Simples!" [said in best Meerkat voice]

No, I'm actually disgusted with Awesome's behaviour on this and I'm no longer too impressed with APR's behaviour unless they can deny what possibly looks like bribery at worse and overly aggressive behaviour towards their rivals at best.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 12:51:18 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2012, 01:51:35 pm »
Of course Awesome can offer both APR AND Revo! Other highly reputable companies do so and they recognise that it's not black & white as to which remap is 'the best' - They care about their customers. 'The best' is the best one to suit both the driver and the car.... "Simples!" [said in best Meerkat voice]

No, I'm actually disgusted with Awesome's behaviour on this and I'm no longer too impressed with APR's behaviour unless they can deny what possibly looks like bribery at worse and overly aggressive behaviour towards their rivals at best.

Lets be honest here when Awesome dropped APR you think that was their doin or more due to the fact that Revo marketed them heavily/aggresively and promised the earth?

It does stink and if all was fair in the tuners market large tuning companies would offer several companies maps and the "Big 2" would not price their products WAAAyyy above what smaller companies offer would they, but they dont.......Make a name and get people to pay for it..............

Offline ukdub

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2012, 02:21:53 pm »
I went to Awesome yesterday to have a chat with Mark about what was going on, it lasted the best part of an hour and said that he will do the same with anyone who wants to have a chat, even if it take him 6 months.
One thing he did say is that REVO is a fantastic product and would never say a bad word about them.  
This is MY interpretation of the chat with Mark in key points.
APR's willingness to listen to issues (UK specific) and be able to deal with it in MK.
The shear size of what APR has grown to.
The hardware.  ie if you want a itg filter you will have to get it through APR/VWR (less stock already held by other tuners) plus other VWR branded products

Basically Mark/Jim feels that its in their customers and their own interests to get 'back in bed with APR'

As for the 'why cant you sell both APR and REVO side by side'  well, in my view only and how I interpreted it, is, that part of the deal with APR is that PSI tuning and JBSautodesigns (close to Awesome) would not be able to sell APR produces and software anymore if Awesome dropped REVO.  I might have that totally wrong but thats how I saw it.

Right or wrong thats business I guess
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 02:42:48 pm by ukdub »
Laser Blue with K04 power, APR hardware controlled by REVO 2+ software
Chassis by KW V3's, Whiteline and a hint of PRO race 1.2's
Brakes by Brembo 4 pots

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2012, 02:54:53 pm »
I went to Awesome yesterday to have a chat with Mark about what was going on, it lasted the best part of an hour and said that he will do the same with anyone who wants to have a chat, even if it take him 6 months.
One thing he did say is that REVO is a fantastic product and would never say a bad word about them.  
APR's willingness to listen to issues (UK specific) and be able to deal with it in MK.
The hardware.  ie if you want a itg filter you will have to get it through APR/VWR (less stock already held by other tuners) plus other VWR branded products

Basically Mark/Jim feels that its in their customers and their own interests to get 'back in bed with APR'

As for the 'why cant you sell both APR and REVO side by side'  well, in my view only and how I interpreted it, is, that part of the deal with APR is that PSI tuning and JBSautodesigns (close to Awesome) would not be able to sell APR produces and software anymore if Awesome dropped REVO.  I might have that totally wrong but thats how I saw it.

I thought you could buy ITG from most places, you mean the VWR products? (re-branded millteka nd ITG)

Offline ukdub

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2012, 03:04:06 pm »

I thought you could buy ITG from most places, you mean the VWR products? (re-branded millteka nd ITG)

I believe that APR/VWR have done a deal with itg that means that you can only buy VAG itg filters through APR/VWR and their dealer network
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 03:13:08 pm by ukdub »
Laser Blue with K04 power, APR hardware controlled by REVO 2+ software
Chassis by KW V3's, Whiteline and a hint of PRO race 1.2's
Brakes by Brembo 4 pots

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2012, 03:47:38 pm »

I believe that APR/VWR have done a deal with itg that means that you can only buy VAG itg filters through APR/VWR and their dealer network

All they need to do now then is tie up a deal with Forge and they have the market cornered  :mad:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2012, 05:05:04 pm »

....Really? I thought that ITG were more 'in bed with' Revo but even that has never meant exclusive retailing.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=gvsq8adm6trod4ikjd9j0e2os7&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2012, 05:08:25 pm »
So that figures then. APR, in bed with ITG and Volkswagen racing... Awesome can't be 'left out' of the fold.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2012, 05:09:22 pm »
Does this mean all ITG products will become overpriced VWR rebranded items?

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=gvsq8adm6trod4ikjd9j0e2os7&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2012, 05:13:42 pm »
Does this mean all ITG products will become overpriced VWR rebranded items?

Quite possibly... They already do it so I cant see that changing.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2012, 05:25:00 pm »

So that figures then. APR, in bed with ITG and Volkswagen racing... Awesome can't be 'left out' of the fold.

....I haven't spoken with VWR for some time so I don't know the facts but I do know that APR are now involved in the VW Cup Series which of course VWR are primarily involved in. Also that they have adjacent premises in MK so there is bound to be some degree of working relationship.

I don't think that VWR have done themselves any favours by 'rebranding' other manufacturers products unless, as it is in some cases, they have played a part in the development.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2012, 05:30:43 pm »

....I haven't spoken with VWR for some time so I don't know the facts but I do know that APR are now involved in the VW Cup Series which of course VWR are primarily involved in. Also that they have adjacent premises in MK so there is bound to be some degree of working relationship.

I don't think that VWR have done themselves any favours by 'rebranding' other manufacturers products unless, as it is in some cases, they have played a part in the development.

Yup thats right, your pretty much just paying for the name (Never heard of them before this forum tho) as exhausts are re-branded Millteks, Intakes are modeed ITG's, wonder whose brakes they re-brand?

Love how these "Racing Development" companies buy other companies products, race them and then re-brand and sell them at big mark ups on the back of success?, eh hows that work then?.

Maybe its time someone bought a Twintake, raced it, give it a new name and sticker and hike up the price 50% and make a killing  :signLOL:

All we need now is Revo to either drop their re-map prices by £200 and say "Stuff it up your hoop" to Awesome/APR and start a price war or to start their own aggressive marketing, that would benefit us guys at least!, on the other side of the scale they might just pull out like APR did a while back and come back all guns blazing in 12 months at which point Awesome will jump ship again and we start the merry go round again  :signLOL:

All we need now is for another couple of intake systems to hit the (UK) market to expand things a little, seen 2 intake systems I like the look of, one is based in USA and called Volant (nice looking system) but only for K03 GTI (Shame) and another that I saw on the BCS demo car (not for sale according to Dave/Nige) which is a shame as it looked good to me and not too noisy, I would buy one anyway  :happy2:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 05:38:43 pm by Tamiyoman »