Make a donation

Author Topic: rob_e's CW vRS - return to stock :(  (Read 26517 times)

Offline fab5freddy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 238
  • -Receive: 239
Re: rob_e's CW vRS - bilsteins off, H&R monotubes on, plus brembos p6
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2013, 10:22:35 pm »
Thanks for that  :happy2:

Yeah I'm in the same boat, had the TT arms for the last two years, but have OE offset for now with monza shadows.

Would like to put on some lower offset wheels, but there's not much room left  :laugh:

Could be going down the same route

:drinking:

Offline rob_e

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 7
  • 2012 vRS Octavia
    • vRS blog on Pistonheads
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2013, 07:57:44 pm »

load lugging by lotus-gt, on Flickr
2012 TSI vRS: H&R monotubes, S3 arms, H&R rARB, Neuspeed RSe07, Brembos, MFSW and a few other tweaks..  PH Blog:  http://www.pistonheads.com/members/showcar.asp?carId=191311

Offline rob_e

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2012 vRS Octavia
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2013, 01:37:14 pm »
Not been around much recently as all my time and money is now going on my new project.

It's a 1966 13 window deluxe microbus, currently in California, soon to be starting it's journey to Oxfordshire...  can't wait - always wanted one of these so it's a dream come true for me.  Needs a full resto but from the info I have so far it's all straightforward stuff.  SWMBO's already picking out colours...

:laugh:

edit:   back to the drawing board on this one - seller pulled out unfortunately.   the search continues..  :sad1:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 04:41:31 pm by rob_e »
2012 TSI vRS: H&R monotubes, S3 arms, H&R rARB, Neuspeed RSe07, Brembos, MFSW and a few other tweaks..  PH Blog:  http://www.pistonheads.com/members/showcar.asp?carId=191311

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2013, 01:42:59 pm »
Not been around much recently as all my time and money is now going on my new project.

It's a 1966 13 window deluxe microbus, currently in California, soon to be starting it's journey to Oxfordshire...  can't wait - always wanted one of these so it's a dream come true for me.  Needs a full resto but from the info I have so far it's all straightforward stuff.  SWMBO's already picking out colours...

:laugh:

:drool: :congrats:

You have to do a build thread of the resto project  :happy2:
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline rob_e

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2012 vRS Octavia
    • Email
Re: rob_e's CW vRS - no more mods for now, new project starting soon.. (p7)
« Reply #94 on: December 16, 2013, 04:37:18 pm »
Brief update, the car is in it's "winter mode" now, OE neptunes fitted with the goodyear winter tyres.

This is the first time i've had the neptunes on with the Brembo calipers.  Without a spacer these won't fit unfortunately due to the design of the back of the spoke.  It's nothing to do with offset as the earlier mk2 Octavias on 18" Zeniths fit fine.  

Some pics:

Grubby Neuspeeds with the Goodyear Assymetric2 summer tyres come off..

H&R 10mm hubcentric spacer needed first on the fronts..

Neuspeeds cleaned up:

.. and ready for storage:

Washed and sorted.. just need to find where i've put those centre caps :-/

Since i took those pics a couple of weeks ago I've decided to take off the brembos so these are up for sale in the classifieds.
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,76687.msg804124.html#msg804124
I need to release some cash so rather than fork out for some new discs (those one's in the pics are pretty worn now) i've popped the barely used oe calipers and discs back on so i can sell the brembos.  Breaks my heart to undo such a great mod, but i need the cash unfortunately.

Having said that if they don't sell maybe i'll keep them for the next project lol.. !  

:drinking:

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
« Reply #95 on: December 16, 2013, 04:40:39 pm »
Very nice mate, are those Ultragrip Performance 2's I see... still haven't put mine into Winter mode :ashamed: but everything is ready for it, 4 black (plastidip) Monza UGP2's

Offline rob_e

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2012 vRS Octavia
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2013, 04:43:52 pm »
Very nice mate, are those Ultragrip Performance 2's I see... still haven't put mine into Winter mode :ashamed: but everything is ready for it, 4 black (plastidip) Monza UGP2's

Yeah, I had the plastidip ready but i never got around to it..  oh well there's always next year ha ha..

TBH since i put them on the weather has been balmy:  +13 degres here today. :confused:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 04:49:54 pm by rob_e »

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2013, 04:57:32 pm »
I hear that mate, that's why I've been putting it off, the temps have been quite high for this time of year.... looks like low singles are coming towards the end of the week into next though! :happy2:

Rightly or wrongly I plastidipped mine with the tyres on, used some Tyre Slik after they had cured, so they are shiny (for a while at least)... I did one with lacquer over the top, haha, big mistake that!! :laugh: (took an hour to get it off).

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587

What's the latest?

Offline rob_e

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2012 vRS Octavia
    • Email

What's the latest?

Hi Mike

latest?  lots of driving..  :D  the car is 18 months old now and is showing 47k miles - loving the way it drives on this suspension setup.  I swapped the rear ARB for an H&R as i got sick of the squeaks from the autotech (should have just got the h&r in the first place..) but other than that no other mods.

unfortunately i'm under notice of redundancy at the moment so i'm de-modding to free up some cash :(  brakes have already gone earlier in the year and i have some people already lined up for the coilovers and the neuspeed wheels. 

its a shame to have to undo the mods but tbh i would have had to do it at some point anyway..  if i lose my job i'll get something closer to home so i could go for something more extreme next time, or if i end up staying here then i'll be due to order a replacement Nov/Dec time, either a mk3 vrs wagon or if they make the mk7 golf R estate that might just be possible..

less money for modding my daily now though as my '78 westfalia project is sucking up all my spare cash lol.

:)

Offline chris-182

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2014, 11:59:06 am »
didnt think i would like those wheels but it looks really good actually!

Keep it updated with what car comes next  :smiley:

Offline rob_e

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2012 vRS Octavia
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: June 03, 2014, 01:20:58 pm »
didnt think i would like those wheels but it looks really good actually!

cheers.  more recent pic:

cleaner by lotus-gt, on Flickr

and here's the westy:

78 Westfalia Campmobile - retro camping :) by lotus-gt, on Flickr

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2014, 06:27:04 am »

What's the latest?

Hi Mike

latest?  lots of driving..  :D  the car is 18 months old now and is showing 47k miles - loving the way it drives on this suspension setup.  I swapped the rear ARB for an H&R as i got sick of the squeaks from the autotech (should have just got the h&r in the first place..) but other than that no other mods.

unfortunately i'm under notice of redundancy at the moment so i'm de-modding to free up some cash :(  brakes have already gone earlier in the year and i have some people already lined up for the coilovers and the neuspeed wheels. 

its a shame to have to undo the mods but tbh i would have had to do it at some point anyway..  if i lose my job i'll get something closer to home so i could go for something more extreme next time, or if i end up staying here then i'll be due to order a replacement Nov/Dec time, either a mk3 vrs wagon or if they make the mk7 golf R estate that might just be possible..

less money for modding my daily now though as my '78 westfalia project is sucking up all my spare cash lol.

Such a shame mate. I hope it works out for you, I really do  :happy2:

I know the Neuspeeds will go to a good home  :smiley:

The bus is super cool, not something I ever see my self buying but something I love to look at

Offline rob_e

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • 2012 vRS Octavia
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2014, 02:31:54 pm »
Such a shame mate. I hope it works out for you, I really do  :happy2:

I know the Neuspeeds will go to a good home  :smiley:

The bus is super cool, not something I ever see my self buying but something I love to look at

cheers mike.

last pic looking like this :(

last pic looking like this..  :( by lotus-gt, on Flickr

neuspeeds, h&r monotubes, s3 wishbones, superpro ball joints, h&r rarb all coming off the car today.  boo.

I'll have some parts in the "for sale" section soon.  Neuspeeds already with their new owner (who's already had them mocked up over a very big set of brakes ..lol).