All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Removing window tints

(1/2) > >>

Boothy:
Anybody ever had experience removing the film window tints? I'm presuming a quick warming up with heat gun or hair dryer and they will just peel away but I'm just guessing. Are they likely to knacker the windows when coming off?

TomB:
Yeah as long as its a tinting film (there was a factory tint option) a hair dryer around the edge should loosen it, then use one of these scrapers (http://www.screwfix.com/prods/30305/Cleaning/Floorcare/Safety-Scraper-Set) to get the rest off. 

Valeters and dealers use those scrapers to remove window stickers, and the blades last forever.  I bought one 5 years ago, and I've removed loads of stickers and scraped my house windows in and out (sloppy builders!) and I'm still on the first blade! :D

VeeDubDan:
Trouble with the plod?

Top Cat:
I would do my research thoroughly, VW rascal did his own a couple of weeks back, and has scratched his side windows  :happy2:

Boothy:
Hmmm.......don't wanna scratch the insides?

The plod will make me peel it off at the road side if its too dark and it probably wouldn't take them long to find out considering I park outside the station on a daily basis! Whoops! :laugh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version