All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Rotor Brake Discs

<< < (2/2)

Hurdy:
Better cooling and less weight than what exactly Steve?...Linky?

I think a standard round disc that is grooved and vented would be a match and would weigh the same anyway.

The leading vent on each of the rotor discs would get more cooling than the ones on the rearward sloping edges wouldn't they? So it would stand to reason that the overall cooling effect would be the same.....except on a round disc the cooling would be even and lead to less heating and cooling stresses over time.

At best I'd say it is a gimmick, at worst a design disaster.

john_o:
pad can only wipe in a circular path so they wouldnt look pretty for long  :grin:
Id avoid tbh

RedRobin:
....

Although the design looks logical, I'm thinking that the shape would create turbulence which may have a detrimental effect.

tony_danza:
Nah.

I think wavy rotors are more for rally cars and stuff that needs to shed muck & water fast - not to keep them cool.

A disc sucks air in through the centre and blows out through the vanes iirc, centrifugal forces and all, so it wouldn't matter a hoot what shape they were round the outside in that respect.

NotNormal:
They're sh1te, they crack - easily too

They lasted 2 months on my friends Evo 4
I didn't even wanna fit them to my Evo 6 - sent them back

Looks cool, but not upto par IMO

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version