All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
VW Racing/Racingline Exhaust System?...
J5BWS:
Hi
I was wondering if anyone on here has one and if they'd be able to post up a mini review and maybe some pics of it please?
RedRobin:
....
There have been a couple of good magazine features about VWR/RacingLine's demo GTI - EVO and Volkswagen Driver.
"The Red Temptress" as I call her is a work-in-progress and is continually being revised to demo and test various things for VWR/RL.
Their priority is their racing schedule and they have a number of sponsors. One of them is performance exhaust manufacturer Milltek and so they have supplied VWR a slightly non-standard Milltek system on the car. So it's a specific exhaust to VWR.
As it happens, a very similar system is being fitted to my GTI next week and I'll be able to post a review of it in a week or two. Mine is a quad pipe version though.
^ The Red Temptress ^
J5BWS:
That'll be great thank you, I look forward to it!
I didn't know Miltek made the VWR system, do you know how the VWR system differs from the standard Miltek please?
RedRobin:
--- Quote from: J5BWS on May 10, 2009, 08:17:18 am ---
I didn't know Miltek made the VWR system, do you know how the VWR system differs from the standard Miltek please?
--- End quote ---
....Broadly speaking, yes, but I'd have to shoot you after telling you :wink:
Like many of the parts which VWR offer, they are the result of their joint efforts with sponsors and other specialist companies. VWR have a technical partnership with KW Germany for example - Hence my VWR-KW-V3 coilovers. Being extensively tried, tested and proven on track, the resulting products are very reliable.
Rather than inadvertantly misinform here I would rather wait until my next visit to VWR (the week after next) before publicly posting any details.
Linky : - VWRacing-KW-V3 Suspension....
J5BWS:
Thanks Robin, would love some details once you speak to the guys! :)
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
Go to full version