All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

DSG Oil change

<< < (9/10) > >>

iainalpine:
Redrobin, Im not generalising, im giving fact. Without going down the lines of posting the amount of return jobs VW gargaes are getting due to corners being cut and the job not finished to the correct standard along with customer complaint numbers to VW Uk, standards have dropped. Im involved with manufacturer training. I consult on new technology and training packages, and the thing that keeps coming out top of the list when discussing failures is"corners being cut".

I here what you guys are saying about garages and mechanics that you no and have dealt with and on that note happy with. You are lucky to come into contact with this situation, but you are in the minority along with myself and not the majority.

As far as DSG services and failures, yes i have came across problems here. Either to much oil put in or to little put in. Gearbox not heated to correct temp and procedure not being followed. All this with this style of box will and does cause failures due to the very tight build tolerance.

Guys can i thank you for such a good online chat. I dont often get to involved in the forums or quote work related things but its good to see so many respected members taking an active part in this forum and in my eyes its one of the better ones on the net.

cheers

Iain

RedRobin:
^^^^
Many thanks for bothering to fully explain, Iain - It's appreciated and contributes a good balance to the forum as a reliable resource of helpful information.

It's also appreciated that we can challenge each other's views without it being taken personally or a verbal war breaking out.

:drinking: Thank You!

iainalpine:
No prob's Robin  :drinking:

tony_danza:
Standards may well have always been poor, but the internet makes finding which dealers/garages are poor a million times easier.

Time was you only knew of x-dealer nearby that was good/bad or a handful of garages that were basically getting by on word of mouth. Now we can find out anything about anyone with the click of a search engine...and for the most part people generally like to rant, rather than praise.

I don't use dealers and wherever possible I won't. If anything is done under warranty, I'm very cautious and have it double checked. I'll also add I've never had an issue claiming on warranty so far on 4 cars in the last 5-6 years by using a specialist.... if anything it has been easier, as my local dealer knows the specialist and knows how good they are, so wouldn't question workmanship.

animal:
For what it's worth I support your concerns Iain, I and my family, and friends, have numerous stories of very poor service from main dealers, including VW. I would be inclinded to suggest that poor service is more the norm than good service as cost cutting reigns and that anyone who has never had issue with a main dealer should count themselves lucky. I wont go into every single incident or this will become a very long thread, but you are not alone in your concerns and first hand experiences.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version