All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Is there such a thing as low spec Edition 30?

(1/1)

celica:
Is there such a thing as low spec Edition 30?

I don't think it comes with armrest, xenons, MFSW, Highline computer etc.

Without the above, would you say it's a low spec?

Which would you prefer Standard Ed 30 vs a more factory kitted GTI?

Phil Mcavity:
depends if you like to mod celica, if you do, ed30's the one to pop for.

Took me 3 attempts to get the right MK5 GTi.!

Ifti:
Im a sucker for gadgets - so Im glad I got mine with a few options installed (Highline, MFSW, Arm Rest, DSG, Bluetooth)

There isnt a 'low spec' - its either a standard ED30, or one with some options installed.

As Phil said - really depends on whether you will be modifying the car. Since Im not too good with mods, and like OEM stuff, I opted for a car with the factory installed options I wanted already in....

john_o:
the biggest thing to consider is how much / if possible retrofit is for these things so.
Unfortunately its not until youve had a mk5 you know whats a must have and whats not a problem!

Highline : possible but a PITA : for £50 was always a no brainer when ordering new , no a deal breaker but nice to have in a 2nd hand buy
MFSW : possible , but wheel + modules can make it expensive
Arm Rest : possible but PITA and expensive , can do without
DSG : lovely and improves resale
Bluetooth : easy to retro fit + cheap
Xenons : possible , but expensive if you do it fully 'legal' : I love them
Sunroof : no retrofit , can do without , but wish I had ordered one

Low spec would be a car without any of the extras added to the base ED30 spec (which has a few extras anyway)
Cars tend to fall into 3 categories ,  base spec no extras ,  few choice options where owner couldnt afford it all , or the full hit 'kitchen sink' cars  :happy2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version