Make a donation

Author Topic: ED30 price advice please!  (Read 14750 times)

Offline celica

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 0
Re: ED30 price advice please!
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2009, 12:28:55 pm »
i've come from a remapped quattro audi tt and the remap was amazing and the quattro was sure footed.

i've had ago in a R32 and like the whole package and know it's not the quickest option.

having had no experience of 300bhp through the front wheels i can't comment, once traction is there it must be a hoot. but you'll need to spend extra's on upgrading brakes, as i hear the ed30 brakes are the same as gti and the R32 ones are better from standard.

my celica 190bhp through the front wheels was fine until i pushed hard in corners and scrambled around and in the slightest of damp the suspension would go into over drive bouncing and spinning wheels searching for grip. in the dry generally fine. having said that it was fun with throttle control and being more progressive.

i'm ideally still searching for an R
MKV Golf DSG

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2009, 12:29:04 pm »
if the steering has paddles on the wheel , then more often then not ,it will be.

See what dash computer it has, highline is nicer then the midline. Ed30 with those options at 14k. No brainer for me. Get it!. but check that service History with VW's database.

Offline true-blue

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2009, 12:32:24 pm »
if the steering has paddles on the wheel , then more often then not ,it will be.

See what dash computer it has, highline is nicer then the midline. Ed30 with those options at 14k. No brainer for me. Get it!. but check that service History with VW's database.

Can I phone any service Department to get that or is there a specific number ?

many thanks.
Octavia Vrs MKII - KO4, forge twintercooler, S3 Injectors, APR HPFP, RS4 FP Valve, Pipeworx 3'' DP and Sports cat, Piper non res exhuast, ITG Maxogen, Quaife Dif, sachs clutch kit, NQSBBBK with RS4-2 pads, H&R SS Coilovers with adjustable koni inserts.
Good for 328 BHP on JKM's rollers !!

Offline celica

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2009, 12:32:37 pm »
as above, does it have highline computer, MFSW (multi function steering wheel), xenons etc.?
nice to have, but not necessary if decent car, but goes with my point on high mileage and value in later life.

one good thing is on the R32, highline, MFSW, xenons all standard with a DSG car
MKV Golf DSG

Offline celica

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2009, 12:34:34 pm »

many thanks.

when i was looking to change my TT to a 350z i did a hpi scan (came back a catd d!!!), so do a hpi check. i went with experian autocheck as recommended by autoexpress magazine.

i also phoned up VW where it was registered to double check and if it has VW history i think it should be across all VW databases (well if not at the dealer one)
MKV Golf DSG

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2009, 12:36:12 pm »

many thanks.
Pop into any local vw dealer and they can check VW service history and give you a print out. Just say what a nice dealership they run  :wink:

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2009, 12:37:26 pm »
Dealer Price for that car with those bits and Reg, is nearer £17k asking price  :happy2:

Offline pazz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2009, 01:07:46 pm »
It's Flappy Paddle DSG (not just the gear stick one) don't know about multi-function steering wheel though.

All the earlier DSG's are "flappy paddle".

IMO that price is reasnoble considering it has that sort of mileage on it.

And the fact that its had motorway miles on it or not, wont make more or less of a chance of stone chips. The car has covered more ground ground so stone chips are bound to happen.

I would be looking out for highline, MFSW and also condition of the interior (seat bolsters etc).

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2009, 01:29:06 pm »
My two penneth!  :wink:

Car seems good value for the money but I'd still be looking at making an offer. Bear in mind this car has lost all but 10k since new!

Oh and Celica, where you getting your MPG info? My ED30 is pushing 330+ and I regularly achieve over 33mpg and if Im 'carefull' I can get 37-39mpg!  :wink: Which equates to nigh on 400+ miles per tank.

The R32 @ best will only get you 300-330 per tank.  :happy2:

Good luck with the purchase!  :happy2:

Offline true-blue

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2009, 01:56:25 pm »
just spoken to the supplying dealer, very helpful

25/02/08   10,000 service

30/06/08   19,723 service

17/11/08   29,929 service

14/03/09   39,164 service

No recalls, cambelt checked last service with no issues raised, no warrenty repairs/claims, no accident repairs through them.

Looks like a possible then.

Not worried about the mileage really as intend to keep for years, the wife will have it after me and she only does about 6k per year.
Octavia Vrs MKII - KO4, forge twintercooler, S3 Injectors, APR HPFP, RS4 FP Valve, Pipeworx 3'' DP and Sports cat, Piper non res exhuast, ITG Maxogen, Quaife Dif, sachs clutch kit, NQSBBBK with RS4-2 pads, H&R SS Coilovers with adjustable koni inserts.

Offline true-blue

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2009, 01:58:31 pm »
It's Flappy Paddle DSG (not just the gear stick one) don't know about multi-function steering wheel though.

All the earlier DSG's are "flappy paddle".

I thought it was earlier DSG cars had no paddles only stick control ?  are there two type of paddle control ?

Cheers.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 02:00:03 pm by true-blue »

Offline true-blue

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2009, 02:05:19 pm »
This is the text from the add:-

For sale is our 5 door VW Golf GTI EDITION 30 with DSG gearbox. We have owned this car from new and ordered it with the following extras:-
Full electric tilt/slide Sunroof
Centre Armrest (still can't belive this was an extra)
Electric Heated/folding wing mirrors with reverse function
6 CD Radio Stereo (you put all cd's in the front slot)
Cruise Control
DSG gear box with flappy paddles
Things that are only on the GTI EDITION 30
Unique half leater upholstrey
Full climate control
Heated front seats
Unique 18 inch BBS alloy wheels
Various other bits of colour coded body work and other stuff.
We have had the car serviced every 10,000 miles and just had the DSG gearbox oil changed at the last service. We only ever use V power to fill up and never get less than 30mpg, so she has been well looked after. I can honestly say not a thing has gone wrong with this car which is more than can be said for all the other VW's we have had. Tax runs out end of September 2009 and warranty till October 2010. Only bad things are the odd stone chip at the front and some small kerbing on a couple of the wheels. Located near Brands Hatch only selling due to purchase of new car.

So also has Cruise an Arm rest and folding mirrors, the desciption also ties up with the dealer re faults etc.

Offline celica

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2009, 02:06:41 pm »

Car seems good value for the money but I'd still be looking at making an offer. Bear in mind this car has lost all but 10k since new!

Oh and Celica, where you getting your MPG info? My ED30 is pushing 330+ and I regularly achieve over 33mpg and if Im 'carefull' I can get 37-39mpg!  :wink: Which equates to nigh on 400+ miles per tank.

just reading around, but i did still say gti/ed30 are still better on mpg and average more miles to tank.
Greenouse , what would you offer?
MKV Golf DSG

Offline celica

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2009, 02:13:01 pm »
true-blue

what is it going to replace (current ride)?

i've been in a manual gti and thought it was ok and can assume the ed30 brings more spark in standard form
MKV Golf DSG

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2009, 02:17:27 pm »

just reading around, but i did still say gti/ed30 are still better on mpg and average more miles to tank.
Greenouse , what would you offer?

No more than £13500. He's got to have expected to be chipped by at least 500 squids!  :wink: