All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Rear wiper replacement

<< < (2/3) > >>

flywalker:
The rear wiper  seems to have a mind of its own.  It would come on of it own accord at start up . Sometimes I could   switch it off other times I would have to turn off the  ignition to get it to stop.

flywalker:
Thanks VeeDubDan  thats just the job.

flywalker:
Just an update on the above.   The diagnosis of a wiper motor change to fix the rear wipers tendency to operate with a mind of its own was spot on. Thanks to info provided on this site I successfully replaced the wiper motor and it is  working as it should now. Aside from the money saved (bought from ebay 25 quid) there is a satisfaction in fixing the problem your self.
Thanks.

bacillus:

--- Quote from: TomB on May 12, 2009, 04:27:56 pm ---I swapped my inner lights the other day, I found that from the bottom was the best place to start when removing and at the top when putting it back on.  Don't forget to remove the 2 screws in the grab handles.

--- End quote ---

Why did you remove the entire trim as you should be able to change those lights just using the pop out pieces of trim at the sides.

VC:
glad your sorted  :happy2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version