All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Forge question

(1/2) > >>

Boothy:
http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=0006&product=FMFSITA

Could somebody who knows about Dump/Recirc valves have a look at this and tell me if thats the only bit I'd need or does it need something else as well? It reads like its part for a part if that makes sense?
 :confused:

Boothy:
I forgot to ask this bit............

.......is it a REALLY bad thing to have the valve dump it atmospherically rather then recirculate it? It seems to be a bit of a mixed bag?

iainalpine:
 Boothmeister, I remember from the days of tuning the impreza's that we used to get a sharp lean condition taking place with lift off after full boost being achieved (also known as overrun). this caused a very high flash heat in the engine and could cause engine fatigue.
I have tended to stay away from vent to atmosphere valves due to this.

Iain

Jaywoo-GTI:
I run a fixed type on mine without any problems at all, The only thin i find is it goes off a little to often with it bein controlled electronically. Does anyone have any experience with these after a remap?

Mark_GTIV:

--- Quote from: iainalpine on May 14, 2009, 09:45:20 am --- Boothmeister, I remember from the days of tuning the impreza's that we used to get a sharp lean condition taking place with lift off after full boost being achieved (also known as overrun). this caused a very high flash heat in the engine and could cause engine fatigue.
I have tended to stay away from vent to atmosphere valves due to this.

Iain

--- End quote ---

Hi there, surely it would be the other way around? You would get a temporary rich mixture condition because the car would have vented to atmosphere pre-metered air that wasn't returned to the intake, so the fuel load requested would be higher than it needed to be at the moment of gear change/lift off.

Any hoo... I run a Forge instead of the Bosch diaphragm unit without the atmospheric spacer and  the 'yellow' spring on my GTI. I ran it on stage 1 software and now on stage 2 software and it works flawlessly. Certainly better than worrying about a split diaphragm all the time.

For a normal GTI 2.0 TFSI - this is all you need : http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=260303&product=FMFSITV - it comes with everything (the valve, two springs, the actuator, the vacuum lines and clamps and the remote bracket.)

If you have an ED 30 - then this is the kit you need : http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=260303&product=FMFSITVR

The part you have highlighted is to space your existing Bosch unit to vent it to atmosphere - and assuming you have a normal GTI 2.0 TFSI and that is what you want to do - then that is the correct part.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version