All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Completely Dark Rear Light Clusters ... NOT R32 ones.
Strat:
--- Quote from: animal on May 14, 2009, 03:56:59 pm ---Tint spray is a bodge - I wouldn't consider Lamin-X to be a bodge. They are cut to size and give an even tint across the lights which is hard to achieve with tint spray. You're unlikely to get darker than R32 lights without going for some of nastier looking aftermarket lights. Worth bearing in mind also that after market lights rarely fit as well as OE ones, so surely tinting the originals is the best course of action? It's also a darn sight cheaper and easily reversable.
Just my 2 penneth.
--- End quote ---
yeh thats really my question. are there any after market ones which are darker than the R32 ones before I explore this self-tinting lark. iv looked at a couple of places but can't seem to find some which are black all over the light unit>!?
any help with links? ... please!
TurboTrev:
There are a few different designs out there, but I'm not aware of a standard cluster that is darker than the ED30/R32. I would say lamin-x is the way forward, although I haven't personally used it.
RunRabbit:
They're also illegal in that picture, the reflective area won't be effective enough and if you went even darker i'd expect to get pulled over by the police.
WhiteGTI:
Lol Lamin-X is harder to apply than it looks/sounds!!!!!!
Mine were pre-cut too.
Guess I just don't have the skills dammit! :fighting:
RunRabbit:
--- Quote from: WhiteGTI on May 14, 2009, 06:37:34 pm ---Lol Lamin-X is harder to apply than it looks/sounds!!!!!!
Mine were pre-cut too.
Guess I just don't have the skills dammit! :fighting:
--- End quote ---
Would probably be easier if they weren't precut, you then wouldn't have to line them up, just heat em up and put em on then cut the edges off
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version