All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Just had the GIAC DSG software fitted!!!

(1/16) > >>

Hurdy:
What can I say....bloody great bit of software that makes the DSG what it should have been from the factory

7k+ shifting ftw.

Faster shifts up AND down the box

Smoother shifting up and down the box (didn't think this was possible)

Better "blipping" noise from the zorst

Manual mode is now a manual (but if you push it continuously it will push through the rev limite to the next gear if you want it to)

Faster set off from a standstill

Better torque handling capability

Torque limiter relaxed in 1st and second gears

60mph is now possible in second and 90+ in 3rd

It now releases the full rpm power potential of the K04, so no more RR days with the box killing the power just over 6200rpm

Option of launching with up to 3,700 revs with launch control (and 4,500 for the R32 boys, which must be handy )

There are other companies who are developing DSG remaps, HPA, Revo etc, but they will find it hard to better unless you are able to customise the settings yourself with a handheld programmer

Even though it is damp out I can tell the difference. I reckon it is good for probably 0.3 to 0.4 off the standing quarter :jumping:

Honestly, if you have a DSG and want to get the best from it, a DSG remap (whoever you choose to do it) is an absolute must have

Roll on my Quaife arriving now to knock a few more portions off the QTR mile. :evilgrin:

WhiteGTI:
If this had been around when I was speccing my GTI, then I would have definitely gone for DSG!!

Very exciting modification! You must take me for a spin in your car one day John so that I can feel it!

Hurdy:

--- Quote from: WhiteGTI on May 15, 2009, 05:57:08 pm ---If this had been around when I was speccing my GTI, then I would have definitely gone for DSG!!

Very exciting modification! You must take me for a spin in your car one day John so that I can feel it!

--- End quote ---

Roger that :happy2:

182_blue:
wherein the car/ how do they program the DSG box

neg:
WOW, look forward to seeing and feeling this!

Your on the stock clutch still then - no new clutch packs or anything yet?  Sorry cant remember how far you got with it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version