All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Just had the GIAC DSG software fitted!!!

<< < (9/16) > >>

Edi30:
This sounds like an interesting mod but wonder if its worth it without an engine remap as the power and torque in my std ED30 tails of at the red line (6.5k). My DSG if left to its own devices wont change up until 6.7k or 6.8k at which point you can feel the power tailing off but the rev limit for the engine has not been reached, this alows me to manually shift at 6.5k. Just for info does anyone know what he rev limit is for both engine and DSG on a std ED30 as I know Hurdy stated his shifted at 6.2k before the mod? If I was going for this I would go for and engine remap to make the most of it. For you guy's with these mods at what revs does the power and torque tail off?

Cheers,
Edi30

jonnyc:

--- Quote from: Edi30 on May 21, 2009, 03:32:00 pm ---This sounds like an interesting mod but wonder if its worth it without an engine remap as the power and torque in my std ED30 tails of at the red line (6.5k). My DSG if left to its own devices wont change up until 6.7k or 6.8k at which point you can feel the power tailing off but the rev limit for the engine has not been reached, this alows me to manually shift at 6.5k. Just for info does anyone know what he rev limit is for both engine and DSG on a std ED30 as I know Hurdy stated his shifted at 6.2k before the mod? If I was going for this I would go for and engine remap to make the most of it. For you guy's with these mods at what revs does the power and torque tail off?

Cheers,
Edi30

--- End quote ---

Your feeling the soft limiter engaging, that isn't the turbo falling off..

The car will pull strong to 7200rpm no probs.. A lot of it is in the engine tuning too, most of the tuners out there dont remove the soft cut

illyun:
Sorry Hurdy, I thought I'd posted a congrats post on here already but obviously not - congratulations and with the Quaife, it'ill be awesome.  I'm not feeling bitter, twisted and left out at all with my crocked Ed30 :sad: :sad: :sad:

Top Cat:

--- Quote from: jonnyc on May 21, 2009, 04:00:44 pm ---
--- Quote from: Edi30 on May 21, 2009, 03:32:00 pm ---This sounds like an interesting mod but wonder if its worth it without an engine remap as the power and torque in my std ED30 tails of at the red line (6.5k). My DSG if left to its own devices wont change up until 6.7k or 6.8k at which point you can feel the power tailing off but the rev limit for the engine has not been reached, this alows me to manually shift at 6.5k. Just for info does anyone know what he rev limit is for both engine and DSG on a std ED30 as I know Hurdy stated his shifted at 6.2k before the mod? If I was going for this I would go for and engine remap to make the most of it. For you guy's with these mods at what revs does the power and torque tail off?

Cheers,
Edi30

--- End quote ---

Your feeling the soft limiter engaging, that isn't the turbo falling off..

The car will pull strong to 7200rpm no probs.. A lot of it is in the engine tuning too, most of the tuners out there dont remove the soft cut

--- End quote ---

Never even new it had a soft limiter, i like Edi thought it was the turbo running out of puff.  :smiley:

jonnyc:

--- Quote from: Top Cat on May 21, 2009, 04:32:16 pm ---
--- Quote from: jonnyc on May 21, 2009, 04:00:44 pm ---
--- Quote from: Edi30 on May 21, 2009, 03:32:00 pm ---This sounds like an interesting mod but wonder if its worth it without an engine remap as the power and torque in my std ED30 tails of at the red line (6.5k). My DSG if left to its own devices wont change up until 6.7k or 6.8k at which point you can feel the power tailing off but the rev limit for the engine has not been reached, this alows me to manually shift at 6.5k. Just for info does anyone know what he rev limit is for both engine and DSG on a std ED30 as I know Hurdy stated his shifted at 6.2k before the mod? If I was going for this I would go for and engine remap to make the most of it. For you guy's with these mods at what revs does the power and torque tail off?

Cheers,
Edi30

--- End quote ---

Your feeling the soft limiter engaging, that isn't the turbo falling off..

The car will pull strong to 7200rpm no probs.. A lot of it is in the engine tuning too, most of the tuners out there dont remove the soft cut

--- End quote ---

Never even new it had a soft limiter, i like Edi thought it was the turbo running out of puff.  :smiley:

--- End quote ---

Learn something new every day!  :happy2:  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version