All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Tyre time, Goodyear F1 Assy or Michelin Pilot sport 2?
Sharman:
Ready to replace all 4 tyres on my GTI. Original Conti 2 only lasted 8000 miles, changed them for the Goodyear assy's. They've been really good and lasted twice as long. Was going for the Goodyears, then got a price for the Michelin pilot sport 2. The Pilots are only £6 a tyre more. Which tyre will I get the most miles out of? Any recommendations? Cheers
NB07:
think i would probably go fo the michelin if only 6 quid more im sure they will last a lot longer although the f1's are meant to be better for grip, tough decision :laugh:
this site is quite good if you havent seen it for reviews http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Grid/ :happy2:
Rich:
Correct me if im wrong :-
Arent all tyres merley the same ? - to me most tyres you just pay for the name/brand.
I have some some 19" tyres on my BBS rims - they are called SUNNY
They had loads of tread on them and cost me £50 a tyre !!!
They do the job - grip pretty well - flooring on first gear you get some spin on the upper rev range. Why should i pay more money for michelline or Goodyear etc.... ?
What are your thoughts on this. ?
Hurdy:
My thoughts are get the best you can.
I have no experience of "Sunny" tyres, but would like to bet that if you swapped them for some Goodyears, Vredesteins or Michelins you would instantly tell the difference for the better. :happy2:
QD MBE:
--- Quote from: Richi on May 16, 2009, 12:50:52 pm ---Correct me if im wrong :-
Arent all tyres merley the same ? - to me most tyres you just pay for the name/brand.
I have some some 19" tyres on my BBS rims - they are called SUNNY
They had loads of tread on them and cost me £50 a tyre !!!
They do the job - grip pretty well - flooring on first gear you get some spin on the upper rev range. Why should i pay more money for michelline or Goodyear etc.... ?
What are your thoughts on this. ?
--- End quote ---
ETTO, I buy the best I can afford, just like my car.
You hurtle around the roads, and the only thing that keeps you on the road is 4 small contact areas, each about 6" diameter. I would arther have a tyre that had been developed through years of testing, and place the security of my car in that tyre.
Remember - Power is nothing without control, if you are happy trusting you pride and joy in the hands of the cheapest tyre you can get, which is cheap for a reason (little or no development), then it is up to you, but for me, i always buy the best I can afford.
:smiley:
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
Go to full version