All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

A change of heart............

(1/4) > >>

DavyP:
 :embarrassed:

Well after my thread a while back re my decision to order a White RS Focus, Ive used the (lenghty) wait to reflect on my decision to part with my ED30.

I had agreed a sale almost immediatley after I listed it on a local Used car web site, test drives etc. where carried out and I have to admit I felt unhappy, annoyed even that my car was going, so I told the guy no, and that I was going to sell it nearer the time the RS arrived.  He was miffed but what can you do.

Each time I drove my car I questioned my wisdom, there is something about the ED30 and I had this nagging doubt that the RS was not a big enough step forward to justify spending 26K on.

So after having neglected the ED30, Ive booked him (as he is a he, hes called "The Sherminator", after the guy in american pie lol...) in for a paint correction and later a wheel refurb (anthracite pescaros) by means of making up for the neglect over the past 3 months.

The RS is a fantastic car, but at this time I prefer the one sitting in my drive.......... :happy2:

VC:
so are you still gunna buy one?

DavyP:


No, sticking with the Golf and gonna spend a few £££'s on mods.............

I just had this nagging doubt I was doing the wrong thing changing, I usually go with this instinct as its carried me through many (often more important) periods of my life.

VC:
i love the new RS. genuinely do, its so shouty its just f*cking fantastic  :jumpmove:

for me it will be built like a ford and go down in history as one. nuthin as cool as a sorted golf imho  :innocent:

DavyP:


It is a fantastic car, looks fab as well, but as I said, I don't feel its right for me at this time.....kinda weird eh? :confused:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version