All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Bigger turbo or uprate internals?

<< < (3/4) > >>

jonnyc:

--- Quote from: Hurdy on May 19, 2009, 12:54:25 am ---Which ones would give a more balanced car?

Uprating cams, boring out pistons to 2.2ltr, flowing/altering head (would you get more power from changing to the S3 head?)

or

Bigger turbo.

I'm not particularly interested in the car having oodles of power, I'd want the car to have balanced power at both ends of the rev range.

Is one more expensive than the other?

Should both be done?

Any guru's out there, share your wisdom! 8)

--- End quote ---

You can't go to 2.2 with pistons alone, you would need a new crank etc and make a stroker kit to get that type of displacement, at the moment the max you can go with pistons alone is about 2.050 litre.. not really worth it for the money

In terms of head work, there isn't really a lot to come from it, especially when running with a K04 turbo, maybes a couple of hp up top thats it..

Big turbo is the only way forward in terms of making more power, with that you could go for an ATP 3071R kit and run around 425hp with standard internals..

If your after balanced power I wouldn't say to go with a big turbo kit, its no where near as progressive as the K04..

I would say max out the K04 first then see what you think..

Edition30:

VC:
 :signLOL:

illyun:
So far, i think Jonnys advice is what I would go with... or, just sell the bloody Ed30 and get what you really need - a Nissan GT-R  :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

... I think a Buggati Veyron is somewhat outside your price range otherwise I'd suggest you get one of those  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

neg:
I'd say turbo too, these engine are pretty strong, you can also recoop some funds from the sale of the K04 setup ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version