All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Front VW Badge

(1/1)

nads1_uk:
Does anyone know how to remove the VW badge on the front grill, someone has tried to nick mine and has damaged it and I want to get a replacement?

Nads

WhiteGTI:
Mine comes off pretty easily.

Just rotate it anti-clockwise. It should rotate about 1 inch, then pull outwards and upwards. Mine comes off no problems.  :happy2:

Greeners:
If someone has tried to nick the one you have I'd take the front grill off (easy job 4 x screws) and make sure you pull the tabs over the splines when you fit the new one as this will make it a lot more difficult to steal!  :happy2:

Gene Hunt:

--- Quote from: nads1_uk on May 19, 2009, 08:19:35 am ---Does anyone know how to remove the VW badge on the front grill, someone has tried to nick mine and has damaged it and I want to get a replacement?

Nads

--- End quote ---
............barstewardss.I thought the whole beastie boys/rappers with vw badges round there neck's had long finished  :grin: :innocent:.

Hurdy:
I've gone one step further than bending the clips. If anyone ever wants mine they will have to take the entire front centre section :laugh: I do have a spare one though, with an original chrome badge 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version