All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Me vs GTi
Rich:
Heyyyyy,
as you know i have a 1.4 GT TSi 170ps remapped to 198bhp
Well im know using V Power fuel all the time.
Today, down the motorway a GTi couldnt get away from me, in fact - i was JUST ( only just ) gaining on him ( in 3rd gear )
Now i would have thought the GTi would be quicker top end due its 2 litre has better power top end. I thought to myself, he's gonna beat me here, but he didnt, i ever so slowly gained on him.
I didnt race him from 1st or 2nd so im assuming im quicker on take off if i can just gain on him in 3rd.
Obviously this is with a manual - DSG i'd have no chance !!! - You lotta are tuned to fck and have DSG !!
I was so chuffed - i couldnt believe it :jumping: :jumping:
I cant wait to see what official bhp im pumping out - i'll have to get it dyno'd before i come down to Superchips on 6th :drinking:
VC:
naturally this was only accelerating to the national speed limit i assume :innocent: (cough)
The wheel man:
As the power is about the same as a GTI it would be interesting to see what Torque your producing :happy2: Also, i wonder if they have the same ratio's in the gear box? Would help if your was lower
Mark_GTIV:
--- Quote from: Richi on May 19, 2009, 01:02:51 pm ---Heyyyyy,
as you know i have a 1.4 GT TSi 170ps remapped to 198bhp
Well im know using V Power fuel all the time.
Today, down the motorway a GTi couldnt get away from me, in fact - i was JUST ( only just ) gaining on him ( in 3rd gear )
Now i would have thought the GTi would be quicker top end due its 2 litre has better power top end. I thought to myself, he's gonna beat me here, but he didnt, i ever so slowly gained on him.
I didnt race him from 1st or 2nd so im assuming im quicker on take off if i can just gain on him in 3rd.
Obviously this is with a manual - DSG i'd have no chance !!! - You lotta are tuned to fck and have DSG !!
I was so chuffed - i couldnt believe it :jumping: :jumping:
I cant wait to see what official bhp im pumping out - i'll have to get it dyno'd before i come down to Superchips on 6th :drinking:
--- End quote ---
Thats pretty cool. Remind me again what the 1.4 TSi is? Is it the cool Turbocharged and Supercharged engine? If so, I think this is an engine of the future for our emissions conscience times... and good to see it can still be fun!
joesgti:
--- Quote from: Richi on May 19, 2009, 01:02:51 pm ---
Obviously this is with a manual - DSG i'd have no chance !!! - You lotta are tuned to fck and have DSG !!
--- End quote ---
i resent that comment MANUAL FTW!!!!!
Also driver skill could play alot in it, for example, my car has beaten a stage 2 ed30 with 330bhp but i dont believe my car to be faster or even as fast :smiley:
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
Go to full version