General > Detailing

The Official Detailing Guide for Your GTi

<< < (2/15) > >>

Jules86:
The paint doesnt breathe as such. Its more to do with the way the wax/sealant/glaze works. Cheaper ones will 'gunk' up the paint where as a good glaze will apply evenly. Think of polish as something which cuts down the paint slightly, a glaze as something that smooths it over and evens the finish and the sealant/wax as something which holds the glaze and protects/enhances the finish.

The glaze i use has oils which prevent the sealant from bonding chemically (Jetseal) These oils are what causes the flake to 'pop' and adds to the shine.

I wouldnt get to hung up on prices of wax. Its the prep work that goes into the finish more than the product.

An £8 pound wax on a well prepped car will look a million times better than £1000 wax on a badly prepped car.

illyun:

--- Quote from: Jules86 on May 19, 2009, 10:59:58 pm ---

An £8 pound wax on a well prepped car will look a million times better than £1000 wax on a badly prepped car.

--- End quote ---

And there I went and bought Paul Dalton's Crystal Wax thinking it would substitute my laziness   :embarrassed:

Jules86:
 :signLOL:

Well a great wax will look a lot better than a cheaper wax on a well prepped car  :wink:

Jules86:
For anyone unaware of the wax in question

-

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/f38/introducingpaul-daltons-crystal-rock-wax-1616.html

£10,000 for the crystal version (£500 for us mere mortals)

:smiley:

illyun:
Yeah, I thought the crystal version a bit too expensive - £9500 for crystal packaging - no thanks  :rolleye:

By the way... the wax smells so good that you have to consciously stop yourself from licking it  :grin:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version