All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Carbon front splitter - ED30 / Votex lower

<< < (2/2)

jonnyc:

--- Quote from: Very Cherry on May 20, 2009, 10:25:43 pm ---have you looked into this seriously seriously? theres alot to sort out regarding aerodynamics, strengh, ability to fracture under load stress's... then theres the developement and mould making

not being negative i promise... just my fumbled way of saying make sure you know what your biting into before you commit cash, and that if i can offer any advice really do just ask

been there, my first one is at the bodyshop going on my car, the 2nd is in the mould  :innocent:

not GTI though so not shamelessly plugging

--- End quote ---

Yeah I know what your saying, but yes..

The guy who will be making the splitters is the 'carbon guy' for the race team, so he's very experienced in making functional carbon parts.. Not just pretty things  :happy2:

Hurdy:
I'm interested. I'd need to know a little more about the dimensions and how much lower it would sit from the existing ED30 splitter as I live on a road with about 6 speed humps in either direction :sad: I'd also need to know how far out it would stick for the same issue (and my "north face of the Eiger" drive).

Price at the point you are talking about isn't an issue :happy2: as a custom CF part like that would be a LOT more elsewhere.

jonnyc:

--- Quote from: Hurdy on May 21, 2009, 12:08:59 am ---I'm interested. I'd need to know a little more about the dimensions and how much lower it would sit from the existing ED30 splitter as I live on a road with about 6 speed humps in either direction :sad: I'd also need to know how far out it would stick for the same issue (and my "north face of the Eiger" drive).

Price at the point you are talking about isn't an issue :happy2: as a custom CF part like that would be a LOT more elsewhere.



--- End quote ---

Ill get some more details tomorrow and post up  :happy2:

Sorry that its so vague at the minute.. Still early days you see!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version