All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

VW Golf .:R32 Review - Just read this

(1/3) > >>

08micsta:
Hello guys

Was bored a few days ago and bought Jeremy Clarksons latest book called: Dont Stop Me Now

Basically its a compilation of the articles he writes for the Guardian. Obviously its the best ones only and some of them truly are epic.

The 3rd last review is that of the .:R32. What a fabulous read. I shall quote:

"Its every car you could ever reasonably need. Fast, Well made, practical, surprisingly economical and above all discreet. Nobody's ever going to mistake you for a footballer thats for sure"

And the nicest quote:

"We dont know what the future holds, so we cant plan for it. We only know whats in the here and now, and this Golf R32 is as good as it gets. Which is why Im giving it the rare accolade of a Sunday Times 5 star rating".

Thats some nice writing coming from a man who hunts foxes. I also want to mention the article is the only article out of about 25 to receive the 5 star rating from him in this book.

Its interesting that he didnt include the GTi in this book. As in almost every article he compares the cars (Be it a Maserati, Ford, Ferrari or Lambo) to the MK5 GTi.

Just thought I would share this with you guys especially since I saw my 3rd ever R32 yesterday, my first MK6 a week ago and my first blood red scirocco today.

Mike

VC:
i'm surprised he didnt mention the GTI, clarkeson is a HUGE mk1 gti fan, he does know his golfs that's for sure

Edition30:
Sometimes us Yorkshire people mix up our R's for G's and 3's for T's and 2's for I's  :signLOL:

08micsta:
Me too VC

We still have the Topgear test for the MK5 GTi saved on our PVR and show it to people when they make obscene comments towards the car.

The book ventures through 2005 and 2006. I really did expect an article about the GTi to appear which is one of the main reasons I bought it.


--- Quote from: Edition30 on May 20, 2009, 08:02:08 pm ---Sometimes us Yorkshire people mix up our R's for G's and 3's for T's and 2's for I's  :signLOL:

--- End quote ---

And what do you confuse the ED30 part with?  :signLOL:

Mike

Jules86:
 :grin:

Oddly he says on top gear he would rather have a GTI. Im presuming he threw out things like price and fuel consumption (like most reviewers) and commented on the car for what it is  :smiley:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version