Make a donation

Author Topic: KEY FOB Frequency  (Read 2601 times)

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
KEY FOB Frequency
« on: June 05, 2012, 08:55:17 am »
Hi Sorry to be daft but here is a question for the techs on here , A grey import Scirroco list price in the uk £33k grey import unregistered £25k ,I don't know the country off origin but the guy who was buying it said he has been put off by the fact the key fob has different frequency to the uk supplied car .

Can this be true ?  , what would be the cost to change the unit to the same as the UK if there is a difference thanks Paul

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: KEY FOB Frequency
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 09:21:53 am »
From what I have read VW produce cars for 7 different makers and due to differences in Radio Frequency licensing laws all are slightly different and aren't inter changeable between say NAmerica and Asia or Europe . What could be the issue with buying a imported car with a key fob with a different Frequency?

Anyone ?

Offline mortygttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 12:16:23 pm »
I believe its 434mhz?

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 12:36:49 pm »
For VW

UK most are 434Mhz or 433Mhz
US models are 315Mhz

Although I looked at an Audi Mk2 TT and that was uk supplied and that had 315Mhz

You can change them so they are the same as the UK
But it would require new remotes and CCM (BCM)
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 06:05:09 pm »
I  am curious as to the issues ,I am asking the question for someone else who was looking at a Scirocco grey import.he has been waiting on some certificate of conformity. What issues would there be with it having the wrong MHZ on the key fobs apart from breaking some telecommunication law.

Would either of the above like to give me a idea of price to  replace two fobs and  the other part mentioned , I realise it won't be cheap as nothing is but if it has to be done the seller is offering to pay the cost to make it legal and compliant with uk law.

thank you

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 10:00:14 pm »
Iv'e never come across this been a problem, the only problem I can see is if the insurance are thinking the alarm immobilizer is not Thatcham approved??? You can change the behaviour of the alarm so it is Thatcham approved but then VW would need to do that so they can certify it. any thing else whether it is 315 or 434/433 shouldn't mean a thing to insurance or VW or anyone else???

Darren

Offline NitrousOxide

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 12:17:40 am »
I wan to buy a MK6 keyfob to pair with my 2008 433MHz GTI that I'm going to retrofit a MK6 cluster in a few days (with a new transponder).  What MK6 keyfob part number would I need to get the 433/434MHz range for pairing?