Make a donation

Author Topic: Engine bay type stuff...  (Read 2541 times)

Offline Caz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
  • Golf GT Sport TDi - called Gordon
    • Email
Engine bay type stuff...
« on: May 22, 2009, 12:48:07 pm »
so, ive been browsing sites for engine replacement parts..
and apart from the obvious air filter im stumped on what else  i can replace.. sites dont seem to have parts for my car..  :sad:

emailed Forge this morning about dv (which they dont do, ok, i get the picture.lol) and about whether they had any other engine type parts for my spec car.. so which i got the shortest reply ever saying,   "we dont do dv for diesel anymore and if your cars a 130pd we have an intake..check the site..thanks" i was like, ok..  :confused: .. i kinda emailed you cos id checked the site..  :chicken:

as you guys know im not into performance nescieraly, as cars under warranty and i am giving it back, but would like to change some bits.. but apparently not...  :sad:

any help?
".. in the process of learning the vw service trade!"

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: Engine bay type stuff...
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 07:59:13 pm »
Hi Caz,

It depends on how much you want to spend and what you want out of the modifications!

If you want it to look better the basic options are:- lower it slightly on springs, get some bigger alloys, a GTI rear Bumper and Milltek catback Exhaust, Tints etc

If you want more power, then you are limited to an ECU remap, Catback exhaust, uprated filter etc.

Personally if you don't want to go overboard with the spend I would get a remap, Milltek twin catback exhaust, GTI rear bumper (if you haven't got this style already, as some GT's do) and then lower it on H&R or Eibach springs. :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline Caz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 12:21:48 am »
i ment more engine bay stuff.. not exterior cosmetic stuff (which im already doing)

intakes, filters, hoses, etc..

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 12:33:32 am »
i ment more engine bay stuff.. not exterior cosmetic stuff (which im already doing)

intakes, filters, hoses, etc..

You are answering your own question now Caz :signLOL:
Golf R gone.

Offline Caz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 11:33:05 am »
lol yeah,. but i ment more of where can i get this stuff from, as like i said, ive been in touch with forge, who went happy to help and seem to have jack all for my spec of car..
doesnt seem to be that much avaialble for my spec, unless im being completely blonde..

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 03:18:30 pm »
If your after hoses for your car try emailing samco direct and ask them if they do the ones you require if not they should be able to make you up a set. If samco cant make you up a set im sure there are some other companies who can  :happy2:

Just checked on sfs hoses website who dont at the mo make hoses for the diesel engine but would possibly make a kit if the demand is there eg if someone was to arrange a group buy etc

Q. I want to buy a kit but my car isn't listed?

If your car isn't listed we currently don't make a kit for it. If you are a member of a club why not organise a group buy and we may be able to make a new kit. :happy2:

« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 03:23:35 pm by B3n »

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84